Nephew's Mares BCD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jillnate

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Does anyone know how I can contact Mares? My nephew's Mares Origin Sport Mrs.Plus needs to be repaired. The plastic piece that holds the weight pocket in fall apart. I tried to have Diver's Direct service it since that is where I purchased it for him as a Xmas gift. As usual he did not full out the service card and they could not find a record of the purchase since I bought it online (?). He has only used the BC under twenty times.
Any help in this would be great.

Jill

Attachments

• P1310469.jpg
    P1310469.jpg
    445.4 KB · Views: 226
Hi Jill,
Contact made. :) Generally speaking a receipt is needed as proof of purchase. This proves date of purchase and location of purchase. I would think if the purchase was made online your email would have some record of it? So would Divers Direct? When I go to Costco or other retail stores, they can look up all my past transactions with the credit card I used. Warranty is good for two years if purchased by an authorized Mares dealer, which Divers Direct is. I am sure if you talk to someone there they will be able to provide some sort of proof of purchase and or help you with the warranty. This is a part that can be ordered and reassembled by a dealer, or sent back to us for repair. Please try again with Divers Direct, if this doesn't work, you can email me,, I'll send you a private message with my personal email.

Thanks,

Email sent and this is resolved. Take care Jill!

Best regards,

Zach O"Hara is my hero. He took care of the issue. I sent the BC to Mares Service Center. It is nice to know that Mares stands by their customers. I am in the process of upgrading my son and nephew's regulators. I will buy MARES.
THANK YOU ZAK!

Jill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom