Neoprene to latex seals?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

crizzle

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I got a used crushed neoprene drysuit and the seals are too small. Can I have the existing neoprene seals replaced with new latex seals? Is there a special method (other than attaching to the non-fabric side) to do this?

I will have this done at my LDS, but want to make sure it's feasible before I take the suit down there and have it butchered.

Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most likely you could switch to removable latex/silicon seals, it may depend on the suit however.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can fit the latex seals or a new, larger neoprene seal. Personally I don't like latex much (although they are better for women) the neoprene is more comfortable. The new silicone seals are good but this option is unlikely to be a good retro fit.

You can do all of the above. New neo, new latex, or even a replaceable seal system that would do latex or neo and you never have to pay someone to replace the seals again. It just depends on what you wanted to do with the suit, the options are limitless there

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom