Neoprene Socks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Michael J Deely

Registered
Reaction score
Some times when I dive, my feet develop sores from the rubbing of my booties.
Some one suggested that I wear neoprene socks.
My question is do you wear these socks by themselves or under your booties?

Tanks, Mike

Both! I wear a pair of henderson Microprene socks under my 7mm boots and will wear just them with full-foot fins if necessary. They rock!

Some times when I dive, my feet develop sores from the rubbing of my booties.
Some one suggested that I wear neoprene socks.
My question is do you wear these socks by themselves or under your booties?

Tanks, Mike

Hey thanks Paco ll. I bouught a pair of 3mm socks and will wear them under my 5mm booties. I was wearing regular cotton socks, but after they get wet they are hard to put back on.

I guess I will try them when I do warm water diving also because it will be better than getting sores on my feet.

I also had problems with sores from diving multiple dives per day for several days in a row. Neoprene socks inside the boots solved the problem.

But I later discovered that wearing just a regular pair of dress socks inside my boots solved the problem also. And I get to make a rather unusual fashion statement with argyle socks. Easier to put on than cotton athletic socks. Much easier to put on than the neoprene socks. I find that wetting the neoprene socks makes them easier to put on.

Thank you Charlie. Yes I would do a live aboard and after a few days I would have sores. I also noticed that I was not the only one.
I just read that lycra socks are also good.

Used to get blisters on all my toes before!
Now, i use the airline socks, 1 to 2 pair/s per dive trip... ;-) Rinse the socks aft each day of wear. Anyway the rest of the gear doesn't smell any better than the socks aft multiple dive days.

These neoprene socks are wonderfull to cut a little bit the cold too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom