Neoprene shorts with pockets

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MMM

Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I am looking for a storage solution for my kit. I have a Halycon BP&W which I love except that I don't have pockets for things like my magnifying glass, lens caps, reel etc. I tried the Halycon glue on pocket and hated it. It was big, bulky (making it difficult to remove my wetsuit), and the glue came away every time I pulled my wetsuit on until finally it just fell off. So I thought I would try the pull on shorts with pockets. I tried on a size small at my LSD yesterday and they were huge around my legs (I believe the brand was Highland). They were also 2 mm and I would prefer 1 mm. Does anyone know if there is a brand out there that makes something that will properly fit a woman with smallish legs? Has anyone tried the ScubaPro version of this product?

I was recently faced with the same problem as you, but decided to hang some pockets from my BCD d-rings (In your case they also have slots to go through the webbing). Throwing this out there as an alt fix to the shorts. Might not be a fix for the "bulky-ness", but should be a fix for the "ungluing".

XS_Pocket.jpg

Checkout piranha dive, they have a very good pocket short for a very good price.

XS scuba has pocket shorts. I use them, and they work fine.

I was recently faced with the same problem as you, but decided to hang some pockets from my BCD d-rings (In your case they also have slots to go through the webbing). Throwing this out there as an alt fix to the shorts. Might not be a fix for the "bulky-ness", but should be a fix for the "ungluing".

View attachment 152195

That looks like the XS Scuba pockets I tried last summer and threw away. They shredded after just a few dives and weren't really designed to slide onto 2" webbing.

I am looking for a storage solution for my kit. I have a Halycon BP&W which I love except that I don't have pockets for things like my magnifying glass, lens caps, reel etc. I tried the Halycon glue on pocket and hated it. It was big, bulky (making it difficult to remove my wetsuit), and the glue came away every time I pulled my wetsuit on until finally it just fell off. So I thought I would try the pull on shorts with pockets. I tried on a size small at my LSD yesterday and they were huge around my legs (I believe the brand was Highland). They were also 2 mm and I would prefer 1 mm. Does anyone know if there is a brand out there that makes something that will properly fit a woman with smallish legs? Has anyone tried the ScubaPro version of this product?

Did you consider a waiste belt pocket? some people route the long hose under them like a canister light.... see DirDirect :: Wing Systems :: Weight Systems & Pockets :: DIR Zone Belt Pocket

Are you willing to sell the crappy Halcyon pocket?
Don't know what you mean....A.) I don't sell dive gear.... B.) they are made out of incredibly tough material ---Sandra got one in around 1999, and it still looks new. She used it to route with rather than using a Can light. It has plenty of room for a reel or many other small things.
Why do you say the Halcyon waiste pocket is crappy.....Have you had a bad experience with one?

And here is the halcyon version Sandra has right-hand-zippered-pocket-1.jpg

Have you had a bad experience with one?
Nope, I would just like to buy her used hated crappy pocket :wink:

I tried the Halycon glue on pocket and hated it. It was big, bulky (making it difficult to remove my wetsuit), and the glue came away every time I pulled my wetsuit on until finally it just fell off.

Back
Top Bottom