Neoprene Neck Gasket Advice needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OE2X

ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I just blew out my latex gasket on my DUI CF 200. I'm thinking about replacing it with a neoprene gasket.

Is it much more durable than the latex?

Pros?

Cons?

OE2X:
I just blew out my latex gasket on my DUI CF 200. I'm thinking about replacing it with a neoprene gasket.

Is it much more durable than the latex?

Pros?

Cons?
I've been diving a Bare ATR HD drysuit for awhile with a neoprene neck seal. I gave me a bit of trouble at first. You have to roll it under to your neck, I like to get about 1.5" - 2" for best seal.
The first couple of dives I did not wear a hood. Water was about 64° or so and it wasn't that bad. Except, when I bent my head to look under rocks, crevices, etc. I got a little water leakage. Tired the drysuit hood, and have had no more problems since.

Just got a used DUI 50/50 with a latex seals, I don't have any experience with them other than watching buddies. They do look flimsier, and seem to be more prone to stretching than the neoprene, but that is an observation, not experience, yet.......

I am glad I made the switch. I find the neoprene actually seals better and is a lot warmer than the latex was. The only disadvantage I've experienced so far is that it's quite a bit harder to don and doff, as it's not quite as stretchy. It gets easier each dive, though.

I can't speak for the durability, but I've been told it should last longer than the latex.

I liked neoprene but it can break to and when glued will break in another spot. It seemed quite ruggged though. And if you can get a good price on a replacement, give it a try. It also didn't seem too restrictive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom