neoprene hand mount

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

McKee Boykin

Contributor
Reaction score
Can the neoprene hand mount be used on the TL 50 Extreme light head?

Yes! It works great. I have one on mine and even though it's a little long for the head(maybe an 1/8 inch) what it does do for me is protect the entire body of the light head. The switch is still accessible and one thing I'm doing with mine is making a tab to replace the handle in order to hook a bolt snap on. But the mount is very comfortable and the straps are easy to use even with heavy gloves. You can even reverse it so that the wider one is in your hand and the narrower on the wrist or vice versa. I like the wider in hand when using thin gloves, feels more secure but when using dry gloves or my heavy neoprene I switch to the narrower to minmize limits on my dexterity. And unlike a couple goodman styles I've tried when you open the hand it does not flop around and that is nice. My hands are not that big and even with gloves on a nonadjustable handle is a pain. Tim has another great product here!

Yes it can! Thank you Jim for answering it before I could get to it :)

There is an allen screw that you remove and the handle comes right off. I put a screw back in even though it's not necessary just to keep the hole from getting clogged with junk before I get my bolt snap tab made. The hole does not go thru the back of the head. It is machined into it and will not compromise the lighthead if left out. Hope this helps.

The instructions are included and I can always remove the handles for you before shipping it if you like :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom