Neoprene DrySuit - Can Ankle/Foot Be Stretched?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

smo10018

Registered
Reaction score
Okay so it's been years since I've been diving but have recently been looking at getting back into it. I recently grabbed my drysuit from where it had been stored in another city. When trying it on I discovered that I can't get my feet past the ankles of the drysuit. No matter what I do can't get my foot all the way in.

So..... Can a drysuit be stretched? Never thought about the possibility of neoprene shrinking but I guess it does. My feet didn't suddenly grow!!!

Thanks.

Yes it can stretch it over an appropriate sized form usually the recommendation for a tight neck seal is a scuba tank so for an ankle maybe a fast beer bottle or PVC pipe fitting.

Perfect thanks. Didn't want to do something like that without first checking with people.

Just keep in mind this isnt stretching to give an extra few inches I would start with small stretching increments.

There is the possibility that the neoprene has gotten old and lost its elasticity especially if it was stored in non ideal conditions, high heat sun light for long periods. If this is the case trying to stretch the neoprene may case it to rip.
Drysuit repair shops can add gussets on to suits to make them larger in certain area. I have no idea what the cost factor would be.

Back
Top Bottom