Neoprene boots Hollis F1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

johnsub

Registered
Reaction score
Hello everyone.

I'm thinking of buying some Hollis F1 fins to dive with my drysuit. The drysuit is a Hunter VSN1100. The boots on the drysuit are size 10. They are made of neoprene, lined with a rubber compound. This means that they are not bulky as rock-boots or hard-soled wetsuit boots but they are not as slim-lined as turbo-soles either. This is what they look like:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/46632748/vsn_boots.png

I'm leaning towards XL as the spring strap configuration makes them easier to adjust but what size would you suggest based on your experience?

Thanks a lot for your help,
John

I think you are spot on.

I wear 3mm Neosport boots that sound a lot like yours. My feet are 10 / 10.5 and I dive the Hollis F1's. The pockets are maybe a tiny bit big on me and I adjusted the spring straps to the tighter position and they dive just fine for me.

Thanks chrpai.
I think i'll give them a try. If they are too big for my drysuit boots then maybe i'll change my wetsuit boots and buy some hard-soled ones and use the F1s for wet dives...!
Maybe it's time for my Mares Quattros to retire :)

I have a size 10 foot w/ Waterproof B2 boots and I use the regular F1 fins they fit perfect, they do tend to run a little big... like most will tell you it's always better to try them on.

Thanks Phohm. I know it's always best to try them on first. But this is a one time deal. You take it or leave it..!
Do you think that the regular F1 could fit hard-soled boots like the Oceanic Neo Classic?

FWIW, I bought my Hollis F1 used here on SB for $75 shipped. Always buy low so you can resell if you need to. :)

Great choice with the F1's. I have a pair of XL F1's and I have no complaints. They work very well with my size 9 Mares Trilastic 5mm boots.

@johnsub- Did you ever get them? If so, what size, and did they fit?

Yeap. I got them :)
F1s XL
I haven't tried them yet as i don't have my drysuit here at the moment but i have to admit that the foot pocket is generous...
I think that they might be a bit wide for my drysuit boots but i'm already looking for some hard-soled boots in order to use them for my wetsuit dives too.
I'll make sure to update when i try them out.

Its been a while but i thought to update this for future reference.

The F1s in XL were wide for the neoprene rubber lined boots on my suit.

But i still kept them. I got a pair of hard soled wetsuit boots size 10 and they fit fine with these. Thats a great combo if you do shore dives with a wetsuit.

Back
Top Bottom