Nemrod SPG with modern HP hose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jamescjy

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi all, so i have this very good condition Nemrod SPG, and i really like to use it with my dive setup but without the original HP hose which has a bigger size female thread.

Any idea how can i use this gauge with modern HP hose? an adapter with a spool something like that?

Attachments

• IMG_4971.JPG
    IMG_4971.JPG
    64.6 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_4974.JPG
    IMG_4974.JPG
    38.6 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_4976.JPG
    IMG_4976.JPG
    70.3 KB · Views: 110
Good question, wonder if the Nimrod is some weird metric size ? (Nemrod was a Spanish brand, if memory serves.)

My Nemrod single hose uses standard hose fittings, but I have a newer SPG for it. Nemrod was also manufactured in the US as well as in Spain.

This may be an old HP gas fitting, and may not have been on a swivel.

Bob

My Nemrod single hose uses standard hose fittings, but I have a newer SPG for it. Nemrod was also manufactured in the US as well as in Spain.

This may be an old HP gas fitting, and may not have been on a swivel.

Bob

that is interesting. I am not aware that they have it in standard fittings. So it has standard HP spool as well just like modern ones?

Good question, wonder if the Nimrod is some weird metric size ? (Nemrod was a Spanish brand, if memory serves.)

i am wondering that too, thanks for reply!

They sell adapters somewhere.I have somewhere.They go both ways.For the older hoses to fit in a new first stage or reverse.

that is interesting. I am not aware that they have it in standard fittings. So it has standard HP spool as well just like modern ones?

I was saying the first and second stages had standard fittings, I don't have the SPG. At a certain point in time there were no spools and SPG's did not swivel. Your SPG might be from that time, or have a proprietary swivel that is no longer attached.

That fitting on the SPG looks like a gas compression fitting.

Bob

I was saying the first and second stages had standard fittings, I don't have the SPG. At a certain point in time there were no spools and SPG's did not swivel. Your SPG might be from that time, or have a proprietary swivel that is no longer attached.

That fitting on the SPG looks like a gas compression fitting.

Bob

lol sorry my mistake:p btw my gauge does swivel

They sell adapters somewhere.I have somewhere.They go both ways.For the older hoses to fit in a new first stage or reverse.
do u mean the 7/16" to 3/8" adapter and vice versa? i have that too.. but i like to replace my hose which is a bit too long for me ( i have short torso) and kind of bulky and heavy

Hello James that what I meant.Look for a cheap older gauge with a good hose.

lol sorry my mistake:p btw my gauge does swivel

Didn't know, thought the swivel would be on the hose.

You might want to go to a local hydraulic shop and talk to them about fittings and adapters. They deal with HP fittings and hoses over a lot of years, and if they don't have a solution, they may be able to tell you what the fittings actually are and send you to a supplier or you could look for them on the Internet once you know what the fittings are called.

Good luck

Bob

Back
Top Bottom