Nemo Wide inop after upgrade attempt

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I read two posts from Fall/Winter 2008 that experienced similar issues, but the fix wasn't cited.
I downloaded and installed the Drak 1.4.0.1 Upgrade. Then selected Upgrade DC Firmware, connected the Nemo Wide to the interface and set to PC Mode. Received a Fail message and Nemo Wide stuck in "Downloading" mode. I removed the battery to turn off the dive computer. Reinstalled the battery, Nemo Wide displays MEM CHECK, then FAIL, then LOADING, then FAIL...continues to repeat the LOADING then FAIL cycle. The Nemo is stuck in the DOWNLOADING...FAIL loop as soon as the battery is installed. I can't make any input selection to PC Mode, etc.
Response from the Mares Software Support: "You need to retry all upgrade operation. Try to launch upgrade procedure when the Fail message appears." I tried to launch the upgrade procedure when the Fail message appears following MEM CHECK, then following LOADING. Each try resulted in "Error - firmware upgrade operation now allowed for current Dive Model." Any attempt to launch upgrade during LOADING display results in Drak application lock-up.
As luck would have it, the 2-year warranty expired Mar 22, 2009. Does anyone have any suggestions or know where/if it can be sent for repair?

Stumpy,

You have a couple of options. Take your computer to an authorized Mares dealer. They can send it back for evaluation. The only thing I can think of is, you may have performed one of the steps out of turn creating the issue. Have you tried completely eliminating all previous versions of upgrade procedures from your home computer and starting over with the most recent update? You need to make sure you have the most current Drak update,register your computer, and following the nemo wide upgrade procedures to the "T" This information is available on the Mares website at this link. Mares - stand for diving

If this does not work, I suggest you take it to your dealer and we'll try to figure it out. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Best,

Last edited:
Yes, there are a number of possible causes or combination of issues: operator error, my PC, Drak application, interface cable, corrupted firmware, or Nemo Wide itself. I had hoped it was something simple that could be resolved in time for an upcoming trip. I like the computer very much and hope it can be repaired. I had my LDS ship it back for evaluation yesterday, May 1. I'll miss it in Roatan!

Hello Stumpy, I got the same problem you had with your Neno Wide.
Whwt did you do to solve it? please help!!! thanks a lot

Back
Top Bottom