Nemo Air battery life

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MtnPlayVA

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I bought my Nemo Air in 8/08. It started showing a low battery in 6/09 so I took it to the dealer and they replaced it. Last weekend the low battery warning came back on. Should the batteries last longer than a few months? Is there something that is causing it to drain the battery - a setting I have maybe? I've done a total of 75 dives with the computer if that makes a difference.

Thanks.

I bought my Nemo Air in 8/08. It started showing a low battery in 6/09 so I took it to the dealer and they replaced it. Last weekend the low battery warning came back on. Should the batteries last longer than a few months? Is there something that is causing it to drain the battery - a setting I have maybe? I've done a total of 75 dives with the computer if that makes a difference.

Thanks.

I do not believe there is anything wrong with the computer. It is very difficult to place a standard length of battery time on our computers because useage is the variable, and backlight useage is particularly hard on the battery. 75 dives is quite a bit of diving and it would seem reasonable for a battery change within this interval. If the computer shuts down completely after total decompression from diving, then I believe it is functioning properly. If I can help please let me know.

Best regards,

Thanks Zac - it seems like the second battery drained quickly. It only had ~20 dives in a month on it where the other one had ~55 dives over 10 months. I'll have the shop replace it and see what happens with the 3rd. Thanks again!
Julie

Back
Top Bottom