Nembrotha Chamberlaini Cannibalism??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wolverine

Contributor
Reaction score
Got a question for the slug experts...Jigo posted this in the U/W Photography thread. Looks like a Nembrotha Chamberlaini is ingesting another nudi (possibly another Chamberlaini). Is this usual?? So far I have only seen them ingest sea squirts. Are they cannibals?

P9090054.jpg

You think so? I dunno. Looks more like a N.chamberlaini with more rhinophores than normal to me. I've seen one of this species with 3 rhinophores in the Central Philippines. And a couple with forked rhinophores. Are my eyes that bad or are there actually two nudis in the photo?

Have you sent this to someone like bill rudman @ seaslugforum?

I bet you just photoshoppped! :D

actually i dont have photoshop in my PC nor would i know how to use it if i had. i tried posting in seaslugforum but i think no messages can be posted while bill is away. could be just a case of mutation. it seemed to be just one nudi to me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom