Nekton Rorqual - Oct 24-31, 2009

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Tammy! We're on the exact same trip! In fact, the same flight! Looking forward to it. This will be my second time on the Rorqual. The liveaborad experience will spoil you! It's awesome. See you in about 6 weeks! We arrive oin the 23rd as well and will spend the night and head to the boat.

AWESOME! There is another couple coming out of ORD on the same flight with us that will also be on the Rorqual. This is going to be a good time and I can't wait!

Going for my first live aboard experience with the Nekton Rorqual to St Croix Oct 3-10, 2009. It will be a nice "get away" diving week. I will be going by myself. I guess I will buddy up there. It is always nice to do warm water diving. I love wall diving. Hope I can get EAN on the boat. I could not pass the price $999 and my free air dividend miles redemption. I wanted to do the Columbus Day week but had to change it due to previous a engagement. I do expect the trip not to be in the "luxury" category, but more like camping. Since I am a diving addict I should be fine. A plus will be having A/C in each room.

Hi - I went with a group on the Rorqual in July to St. Croix. We have been on both the Rorqual and Pilot. Sorry to say I was very disappointed (not with the diving) with the condition of the boat and the young crew. The crew complained that they had not been paid for months. There was an awful sewage smell in the cabins. As I said the crew was very young...early twenties. Always fooling around and at times not paying attention to when divers were coming back on board. They we very friendly but not professional. The cabins are in dire need of new linens and bedding. Do not take your pillow case off, you might throw it overboard! I hope Nekton gets it act together...it use to be a good outfit hope it returns. Dinners and lunch were good...breakfast was sometimes odd...the cook liked to put the leftovers in the eggs.

On the other hand, I went to Cay Sal Banks in August on the Pilot and I had a total blast!!! Don't listen to the naysayers, they come out of the woodwork like ticks whenever a Nekton thread starts. You're booked anyway, just go and have fun and dive dive dive!!!

Going for my first live aboard experience with the Nekton Rorqual to St Croix Oct 3-10, 2009. It will be a nice "get away" diving week. I will be going by myself. I guess I will buddy up there. It is always nice to do warm water diving. I love wall diving. Hope I can get EAN on the boat. I could not pass the price $999 and my free air dividend miles redemption. I wanted to do the Columbus Day week but had to change it due to previous a engagement. I do expect the trip not to be in the "luxury" category, but more like camping. Since I am a diving addict I should be fine. A plus will be having A/C in each room.

Hey I'm on the same trip. I'm coming with a friend but also know another person who is going solo from this board Travelnsj. This will be my 26th live aboard but my first experience with the Nekton. I'm going with an open mind but I've read some disturbing reviews about this boat. I hope they are all wrong but I'm going for the diving first.

Hey,
Does anyone have any info on the Nekton Pilot? It seems that it is no longer in operation, and if so, for how long and what about the crew? We were thinking about doing a holiday trip on the Pilot, but if it's out of operation, we'll look elsewhere.

Hey,
Does anyone have any info on the Nekton Pilot? It seems that it is no longer in operation, and if so, for how long and what about the crew? We were thinking about doing a holiday trip on the Pilot, but if it's out of operation, we'll look elsewhere.

If you were to look at the Nekton website you would see that they are in the shipyard for overhaul.

Hey,

It will be out for six months. I was on it week before last and had a wonderful time in Cay Sal. Boat and crew were great. Just the boat is in need of some TLC. I will go back on it.

We will be boarding for St. Croix after you leave (Oct 10). I'm looking forward to getting away and I hope you guys have a good time.

I've also heard complaints about Nekton, but I've also heard complaints about Fantasy Island (Roatan) and Hotel Cozumel, but we had a great time at both. Actually we have done numerous return trips to both. Have also done many live aboards and this will be our first trip with Nekton as well.

truejab and chinacat46 have a great trip !

NAIBdiver1

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom