Nekton Pilot to Cay Sal Bank August 22-29: anyone from here going?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Adrian, I haven't counted mine but I'm sure I took way more than that!!! :) I thought it was fun to sit around the salon in the evening with my laptop, with other people looking at theirs on their laptops, as we hopped from seat to seat admiring each other's work. I found the cruise to be a GREAT way to learn more about u/w digital photography and I got lots of tips, and constructive critiques.

I took a 4GB high speed SD card for each day and just loaded a fresh one each day. Even doing 5 dives a day I never filled them but I was glad to put in a fresh each day in case there was a problem.

Keep in touch, TLTracy wants to see my pics too, let's all get together!

Tracy, doesn't Nekton have a no refund policy? Last year when I booked with them, they verbally told me I could reschedule if the trip got canceled, but no refunds. I took a chance and didn't get the trip insurance last year, however, this year I decided to go the insurance route, that way, I would have no problems. Adrian

Yes they do. (Most ops have a no-refund, offer of credit policy...some don't even do that!) And that's what I did. (Bought the DAN Trip Insurance)

I have followed the posts relating to this Weather cancellation, and agree- that's why you buy trip insurance come the Hurricane Season.

Some pictures from Cay Sal on the Nekton Pilot trip:

Attachments

• Shark.jpg
    Shark.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 49
  • Brittle Star.jpg
    Brittle Star.jpg
    347.2 KB · Views: 51
  • Contest 1.jpg
    Contest 1.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 44
Jeff, WOW!!!!! Those are so awesome. I'm going through mine now, so, so many pics...

Tracy, doesn't Nekton have a no refund policy? Last year when I booked with them, they verbally told me I could reschedule if the trip got canceled, but no refunds. I took a chance and didn't get the trip insurance last year, however, this year I decided to go the insurance route, that way, I would have no problems.

Adrian

I don't know whether they have a "no refund" policy or not... they are offering to reschedule the trip within a year and then give another free trip to use within 5 years.

I just called up DAN too to inquire about the trip insurance and will probably get it next time for this not to happen again.

The biggest bummer was... you already spend your money for your trip, then the trip cancels and you're SOL :shakehead: no other funds for an alternative vacation.

I think the honorable thing to do would be to offer a refund given this is the SECOND time this group got blown out by a hurricane!! :)

Wow, two trips for the price of one? I know it's frustrating to have to reschedule, especially since you had to do it twice, but for them to offer you a second trip is very generous.

So I'm back from my Nekton Cay Sal Bank Trip last week. We had an amazing time and did some great diving!

Here's just a few of the pics I took on the trip:

IMG_52931.JPG

IMG_49641.JPG

IMG_49541.JPG

IMG_4959.JPG

IMG_5220.JPG

IMG_55031.JPG

IMG_50681.JPG

IMG_55141.JPG

IMG_52161.JPG

IMG_4993.JPG

Enjoy!

Adrian

Great pics! How was the boat? How was the crew? how was the food? Always curious to see how the more recent trips are going.

Adrian, your pictures are WONDERFUL!!!!!

How was your trip?

I'm still going through my shots, but I showed several of them at the Kayuba meeting last night and everyone made me feel so good about my shots. I'll have them up SOON I promise!!!

Back
Top Bottom