Needs tips for Roatan/Utila

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nen,

Just got back from Utila. Our 3rd trip there this year. We do NOT do the all-inclusive route. We have friends who are in the all inclusive business/dive busuness. We have traveled there through San Pedro Sula and from Roatan via ferry. We only stayed 10 days this time. Room at Hotel Rose (Across street from Deep Blue Divers) was $18.00 nite. We paid $125.00 for dive packages of 10 dives. ($12.50 dive) We paid $350.00 total for all our meals, bar bills, T-shirts, & some medicine we bought. Plus you can walk anywhere on the island. Tallest buildings are two story frame. If you are going to travel with kids, then you probably should look into an all inclusive with children facilities. I don't know of any on Utila. AKR on Roatan might be a possibility.

Utila is a great place for diving with over 70 bouyed sites around the island and the second largest barrier reef in the world on the North side of the island and of course whale sharks if you are lucky. In terms of whether you do all inclusive or not depends on what you are looking for and utila offers both opportunities.

I dived with Deep Blue an excellent outfit owned and run by an English couple so very personal and professional operation see their web site at www.deepblueutila.com. They can offer both ends of the spectrum as they have a school in town and a resort away from the town and my partner and I have dived with both.

The schools and businesses in town focus primarily on the back packer travelling customers most of whom are 18-25 and have never dived before and want cheap, so diving is cheap and accommodation and food are priced accordingly. The resorts focus on the annual vacationer who is an experienced diver who wants good diving and a little luxury and pampering to go along with it plus peaceful and beautiful surroundings.

good luck with your choice

Hello--We pulled the trigger this week and in the end went for cocoview/utila lodge...though the words "all inclusive" initially turned us off, it seems different from what that means in, say, cancun. We wanted always-available diving, a quiet place, and reasonable lodgings should it rain (we're going jan-feb). Thanks for all the help--I know we're going to love it!

I doubt that's good English, but you never know who'll be there to dive with you! :confined:

So- when you goin'?

You're gonna love CCV!

Jan 24-30 Roatan, Jan 30-Feb 5 Utila
Got our tix in the mail today, and getting psyched!

I'm :eek:ut: with envy.

Go to http://www.cocoviewresort.com and click on the "discussion group". There are all sorts of descriptions of the resort and shore dive, dive operation, etc.

If there's something you want to know, that's a good place to go for info.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom