Needing current water temps for Dumaguete and Cebu, Philippines....will be there in a

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diver 85

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
week or 2(middle of Oct) & staying & diving with Pura Vida & Turtle Bay Resorts respectively...Will start packing some tonite & curious what the temps have been lately & what suit(s) to throw in.........TIA......Joe..

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Joe,

Here in Moalboal (where Turtle Bay is) the water temp is a pretty constant 79 to 81 F. Most folks use a 3/2 mm wetsuit. I use a 1mm and very seldom get chilled. Pura Vida is little farther south and the water should be just about the same temp. I dive that area 3 or 4 times a year and use the same wetsuit. You may consider bringing a lycra hood for protection from possible stingers(small jelly fish).. One more thing we dont wear gloves here in Moalboal, because there is a Local Government regulation prohibiting there use. It is a rule to help discourage the touching of corals... Hope you enjoy your trip..

Cheers,
Roger

Thanks Roger so much, that's what I was hoping for ie about 80 degrees.....Think I'll pack my skins, 3 mm shortie, 2 mm chicken vest/hood along with my lycra hood..Thanks so much.....will be there on the 13th..

Diver85

Have a brilliant trip , am contemplating Turtle Bay in February and would lurve to hear how you get on. Are you planning a visit to Oslob to the whalesharks at all ??

Best fishes

Diver85

Have a brilliant trip , am contemplating Turtle Bay in February and would lurve to hear how you get on. Are you planning a visit to Oslob to the whalesharks at all ??

Best fishes

yes we are---will have a report upon return.......

Diver85

Best fishes

TT, we did the whaleshark dive a few days ago-------------very good experience, there were 6 that day & will post pics in a day or 2(have to get my days & nites sorted out right now----lol).......

Here's a pic of one with my wife @ the bottom 'pointing ' @ it, lol.....

8117441341_c5be6d4e1f.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom