needing conscious, deep inhale ~2 days after diving marathons - concerns?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi, all, thanks for your responses!

Update:
Couldn't get hold of my doctor over the weekend and the phone line to the `Mass. Eye and Ear Infirmary ` has gone unanswered and they encourage me to call 911 if emergency. :sigh: will keep trying again today.

Anyway, today (Monday Aug 30), the breathing difficulty is gone but the my ears seem to "ring" a bit ... hard to describe, but it's the same feeling when you're on a plane taking off and your ears are about to pop (except they don't "pop" but keep having that weird sensation).

Hi, all, thanks for your responses!

Update:
Couldn't get hold of my doctor over the weekend and the phone line to the `Mass. Eye and Ear Infirmary ` has gone unanswered and they encourage me to call 911 if emergency. :sigh: will keep trying again today.

Anyway, today (Monday Aug 30), the breathing difficulty is gone but the my ears seem to "ring" a bit ... hard to describe, but it's the same feeling when you're on a plane taking off and your ears are about to pop (except they don't "pop" but keep having that weird sensation).

Alex, absent the ability to examine you in person, I would say that decompression sickness cannot be ruled out here. I would recommend you go to the emergency department at Mass Eye and Ear and request to see the hyperbaric physician on call.

Best regards,
DDM

OP, I would take @Duke Dive Medicine's advice, even if it ends up being expensive. In the future, consider getting insurance through DAN so you're not stressing about whether to seek treatment or how to access it if something doesn't feel right.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom