need wrench in Houston tx

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When your father builds cars like this.... 430.jpg It's hard to tell her a story that she doesn't run pass me first...:wink:

Last edited:
She would give it a shot... But... The son-in-law would lose "MAN" points.. If you understand that...:wink:

I understand what you are saying but... If the son-in-law won't get the part, a couple of tools and give it a shot. Seems to me that he NEEDS to lose whatever "MAN" points he has.

Oh, just take it to O'Reilly's, Walmart auto, etc. Should be easy enough.

I understand what you are saying but... If the son-in-law won't get the part, a couple of tools and give it a shot. Seems to me that he NEEDS to lose whatever "MAN" points he has.

I cut him a lot of slack.... He is a very, VERY "GOOD" husband and father to my daughter and grandson...:wink:

Jim...

Ok, I got to jump in here. It's too late for him to worried about " man points." He lost them as soon as she felt the need to call you to help her with this. When I first read this I assumed she was single and was quite surprised when you spoke of the husband.

Second, if she can't count on him for this sort of thing, for her safety, you/someone needs to teach her a little car maintenance or at least educate her on "how not to get taken" at the mechanics. On a side note, I recall one of those "investigative reports" that tested several car shop for their response to simple maintenance issues. As I recall, the big name shops actually came out well and did not try and rip off the female customer. Sad that we even have to worry about that.

Lighten up.... If I used what I can and do with a wrench to judge others..... VERY FEW would make the grade... :wink:

Jim....

When your father builds cars like this....View attachment 173565 It's hard to tell her a story that she doesn't run pass me first...:wink:

I build cars like this...RTCC 02.jpg and this... DCAM1265.jpg and this... Vette 01.jpg and this... TA-6-29-2010.jpg.

That's why I made sure my kids wouldn't need help with changing a battery cable. :)

My boys don't.... Both very handy with a wrench... My middle boy built the motor in his first pick-up when he was 15...... I punched the first hole .030 and then he did the other 7 cylinders.... He balanced the rods and pistons on the shadow graf scale... Port , polished and cc'd the heads... etc....

I got a name and am all set.... Thanks for the help...

Jim...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom