Need user info IST GP4000 computer being offered by TDL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jim Lapenta

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I have a friend, yes really I have a Shearwater so not me, that is looking at this computer. I know it is just a rebadged Seiko. But I need feedback from actual users as there have been some reviews that are not so glowing. Mainly in the compass function. Does anyone have some actual time on this and if so what is your verdict. Don't bother to post a rehash of the ad. I've read it. The Scubalab report is BS and I wouldn't trust it anyway. Need the good and bad. Thanks.

Jim,

They are a pretty good computer and the added compass function is nice. Most people that give fair weather reviews fail to take into account that a digital compass is an instantaneous thing (unless the designers implement a 'inertia' algorithm), so they complain that it jumps around allot. But like any compass you should be holding it flat and steady when using it.

Word to the wise though these computers come powered, so the batteries are not fresh off the shelf. Highly recommend swapping it out immediately... you can get the batteries on eBay for cheap. I purchased 10 for $2.50.

---------- Post added March 8th, 2013 at 10:36 PM ----------

If you look up the Nitek trio, Zeagle N2Ition etc they are all identical computers.

Back
Top Bottom