need suggestions, help!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jim Ernst

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
i bought the DUI tsl 350z dry suit and rockboots, i also got the mares black passion fins (i hate them,dont fit right) the fins that is, they seem to have no propulsion, and here is the main problem i so need help with, i can not find a set of fins to fit my big feet and the rock boots!! i love my old fins (mares planta avati) but they wont go on the rock boot far enough (xl size) and i cant find any power fins that will fit properly all to small!!! i am so close to trying to use my wet suit booties with my dry suit and my old fins, but i love the rock boots, i so need a fin with a large enough pocket to fit my big fat feet, i am a size 12 foot , any help would be so nice!!! thanks to all in advance

sounds like time for XXL Jet Fins Jim, have you thought about a BP/W? :D

I have size 11 feet and use the Jet fins with springstrap. You could try the Aqualung version (rocket). Has anyone thought about forcefins? Are they any good and if so which version?

Bring the boots to an Aqualung dealer, and give the Rockets a try. I had the SAME problem, and they fit like they were custom made to me.

Jim,

I'm reeeeeeaaaaal new to D/S diving, but one thing I've found for sure, ya just can't seem to scoot about in a D/S as ya can in a W/S.

That may have something to do about how you're feeling.

Just a guess.

the K

The Kraken:
Jim,

I'm reeeeeeaaaaal new to D/S diving, but one thing I've found for sure, ya just can't seem to scoot about in a D/S as ya can in a W/S.

That may have something to do about how you're feeling.

Just a guess.

the K

Now THAT'S the truth. When I go from wet to dry it's like dragging an anchor around with me! I love being warm, but im back to wet asap when temp's allow.

dlndavid:
sounds like time for XXL Jet Fins Jim, have you thought about a BP/W? :D
xxl would be great!!! cant find any though, but jet fins,let me think NO NOT, oh back/plate and wing um.......... you meen like thie dive rite bp/w with wrec wing i bought about two weeks ago!!!! lol, your running late david!! you gotta catch up, oh and mike will be back in a few more days and we will see what we can do on your camera!!!

skynscuba:
Here is some info on sizes of Jet Fins and turtles:

http://www.kidspot.org/personal/scuba/

Here's a Rock Boot fit chart:

http://www.kidspot.org/personal/scuba/dui.html
thanks KRACKEN you and skyandscuba just hit a big part of my issue here, i was teaching a class and a student got away from me i couldnt catch him for the life of me,glad he stopped to sight see,got him!! LOTS OF GREAT SUGGESTIONS and thank you all also, some great web sites and i will look into the rocket fins and the turtle fins thanks everyone so much oh i will check out the size problem with all of the othere info you guys sent me and thanks again

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom