Need Suggestions For Diving In Cancun

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Foo:
They also can make you an awesome kick-tail music video of your dive. My husband's video from SC was the incentive I needed to get certified. I had snorkeled above, so I was already feeling a little jealous of those people down below me... the video only cinched it. Have watched it a hundred times or more!
That's right, I had forgotten about the video. We had one done that included our local Cancun dives, or Cozumel dives and our dives at the Cenotes. Very, very cool! :D

I agree with all those in favor of Cozumel!

jackconwaytulsa:
We are headed to Cancun in 2 weeks and were wondering if there were any good suggestions about diving in cancun. Have heard to goto Cozumel instead b/c viz is much better etc, but just wondering if I can get a few ideas from some other divers and or maybe some good crews/companies to try and hook up with out there?

Thanks!
I'd recommend a day trip to Cozumel which can be done by ferry. Then a short taxi ride for $5 to Caleta marina. My favorite dive company is Pascual Scuba. His phone number is 011-52-1-987-876-6956.

hi, recently got back from mexico, i'd definitely reccommend diving in cozumel, maybe try Studio Blue, they have bases in playa del carmen and cozumel so you can arrange dives in without going back and fprth to cozumel! we dived palancaar reef and chankanaab and were lucky enough to see a couple of turtles and nurse sharks! have fun!

Spratman:
Email Ben at benrmooney@yahoo.co.uk. He has two fast boats, one holds twelve the other eight divers. Never been to Coz and from all the posts I'm sure it is. However, the diving in good around Cancun.

Does Ben operate out of Cancun? Does he have a dive shop there? I am heading to Cancun in 3 weeks and have to stay in Cancun, so that will be my base of operations. I will be diving by myself, so I am definitely looking for someone that knows their way around u/w! :confused:

Diving is Cozumel is Great!!! If you are planning on staying in Cancun I put in a 2nd for "Scuba Cancun." They are a great bunch of people and have some good dives. They do great videos set to music also.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom