Need sometime off

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cressidvr9....

You may wish to check out Couples at Ocho Rios Jamaica. They have two or three resorts on the island. We have only stayed at the one at Ocho Rios. You can check with a travel agent and find a special deal. It is an all-inclusive right on the beach. everything is included (scuba diving and equipment is included) Most Mexican resorts do not included the diving and equipment.

Also, if your wife should be interested, she can do a (Resort) discover scuba diving course, also included if she so chose. My wife and I have been to this place twice. It is a romantic place (no children) many people go to get married. On our first trip my wife and I stood up for a couple at their wedding.

Two years ago my wife surprised me while I was out on a dive. When I returned, expecting her to be on the beach, I found her geared up in the middle of a discover scuba diving course. she loved it!! We spent the rest of the trip doing all of the dives together. Two years down the road I have a new (older) dive buddy who is AOW, knows more about marine identification than I do and has 80+ dives.

The food is excellent (all day and night long) great piano bar, good shows, more things to do in a day than one has time. They have a glass bottom boat which doubles as a snorkle platform and sight seeing trip. They have a modern, fast dive boat which is well equipped and well crewed. The diving is asgood as most places in the Carribean. Not as good as Cozumel for viz. However, as a possible place to learn....there is no current and it is comfortable, no stress diving.

Did not intend to sound like an infomercial, please PM me if you wish.

Regards,

Ale:
I would suggets Playa del Carmen as a place to be since it is less big hotels than Cancun. Check also the Iberostar hotels in Playacar, Playa del Carmen. They are really nice and have also a good diving center. Enjoy your vacation.

I also highly suggest the Iberostar group. We have stayed at 5 Iberostars in different areas in the past 2 years. We have already booked our reservations for the Iberostar Lindo in Playa del Carmen for July. You will thoroughly enjoy the resort. They pamper you in every way. The dive shop is okay as well - average. We have used them several trips mainly for convenience. We can't wait to go in July. They have free trans to Playa del Carmen throughout the day as well. If your wife is not a diver, there are gorgeous beaches and swimming pools for her to relax in while you take an hour dive several times throughout the day. All inclusive = food, all drinks, some trans. Not the dives though (about $30 - $40 a tank I think - the more you buy the less it costs). Private email me if you would like more specific info on the Iberostars.

I don't want to be the bearer of bad news, but late May, kids ARE out of school in certain parts of the country. Especially those in the farming areas. I have been in Cancun and Playa and there were many high school and college age students out of school. If I remember correctly (not that where they are from matters) they were from Oklahoma and Texas.

teamheatwave:
I don't want to be the bearer of bad news, but late May, kids ARE out of school in certain parts of the country. Especially those in the farming areas. I have been in Cancun and Playa and there were many high school and college age students out of school. If I remember correctly (not that where they are from matters) they were from Oklahoma and Texas.

My kids get out on May 27th and we're at Iberostar Tucan on the 28th. We live in banjopicking Arkansas.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom