Need sometime off

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CRESSIDVR9

Reaction score
My wife and I will be married 10 years this June :sappy: and I plan to take her somewhere for some time off. Now keep in mind this isn't a dive trip because she doesn't dive but if I can slip away for a while who knows what might happen.She knows if i get anywhere near water in gettin in.
Anyway we have been lookin at Cancun.I would say we will have somewhere around $3000 to spend. With the schedule ill have 5 days off.
Just wonderin if some one could help us decide where to go to get the best with our budget. It doesnt have to be Mexico. Florida,St.Thomas,Mexico it doesn't matter. Just lookin for suggestions.

then you should take her to her choice of destination and not try to "slip away" to dive. Las Vegas in nice in June with lots of adult couple type things to do. Then after you take her there and devote all your attention to her, then plan yourself a liveaboard dive trip w/o her and dive your brains out. Going to 'Vegas should be inexpensive enough that you'll have money left over your a trip for you too.

diveborg:
then you should take her to her choice of destination and not try to "slip away" to dive. Las Vegas in nice in June with lots of adult couple type things to do. Then after you take her there and devote all your attention to her, then plan yourself a liveaboard dive trip w/o her and dive your brains out. Going to 'Vegas should be inexpensive enough that you'll have money left over your a trip for you too.

She wants to be on a beach somewhere. Since my last post she has even thought about getting certfied.This trip is for both of us not just her.
She has no problem with me takin a day to myself to dive.

Thanks for the tip though.I never once thought about askin her what she wanted to go. selfish me. :hmmm:

OK. Here's the deal. June is low season. Late May is even better as the kiddo's aren't out of school yet.

Take her to the Ritz Carlton. You can get a room on the 9th floor (Club level) for about $300 per night (try American Express, they have a discount). On the day or two you want to dive, you give her the spa treatments.

The Ritz is rated as the best hotel/resort in Latin America. You will be totally pampered. On the 9th floor they put food out around 6 times per day, including cocktails in the evening. You really don't have to go to dinner.

The Ritz has all of the good of Cancun and none of the bad.

Go for it!

CRESSIDVR9:
My wife and I will be married 10 years this June :sappy: and I plan to take her somewhere for some time off. Now keep in mind this isn't a dive trip because she doesn't dive but if I can slip away for a while who knows what might happen.She knows if i get anywhere near water in gettin in.
Anyway we have been lookin at Cancun.I would say we will have somewhere around $3000 to spend. With the schedule ill have 5 days off.
Just wonderin if some one could help us decide where to go to get the best with our budget. It doesnt have to be Mexico. Florida,St.Thomas,Mexico it doesn't matter. Just lookin for suggestions.

For 3K you should not have a problem having a great time in Cancun or even Playa. When in Cancun I stay at the Royal Sands Resort which is a 5 Star resort that has golf/tennis/scuba and great pools and beaches. I am pretty sure you can get a nice hotel room for 999 usd a week or 1250 usd for a suite. http://www.royalresorts.com/

I went to Playa De Carmen last August and stayed at the Gran Porto Real which was great and not far from Coz/Akumal/ Xcaret/ Xcell Ha. The snorkeling was great in front of the hotel as well as Xcell Ha (sp) if your wife is so inclined.

Gratz on your upcoming ten year anniversary! Let us know what you decide!

Have fun and if you can get away for diving the cenotes Chock-Maal (sp) were awesome.

Regards

BTW

Both of the places I mentioned have an on-site dive shop. Solo Buceo in Cancun and Aquaworld in Playa. I am a relative newbie to diving so both of the shops were quite adequate with Sol Buceo being my fist choice. If you wife is interested in becoming certified then Solo Buceo would be the odds on favorite.

I second Playa. Good beaches, good shopping, golf, and you can slip off to dive a cenote, which is an *excellent* dive.

Thanks to all.After talkin to a dive buddy I am now convinced that Playa is the place to go. Looks like yaw agree also. I will keep everyone posted.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom