Need some Photo Shop Help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am not going to respond to sjspeck's post, even though a disagree with quite a bit of what was said. I just don't want to hujack this thread and get into the whole MS vs. Apple battle right now.

I also disagree with blanket "buy a Mac" statements as well.

Jim. When I get back, we can talk about this if you'd like. I'll give you a call. This is a Microsoft issue and not Adobe. Calling them probably isn't going to help and as Somewhereinla stated, you will need to wait until Microsoft comes out with a bug fix.

B.

Actually I don't 100% agree with what I wrote either...lol

I just get so tired of the blanket "buy a Mac and solve all your problems" fanatics in this and other forums that I tried to make them think a little.

I'd expect you to disagree given your job. And you're probably right and certainly know a h#*l of a lot more about this than I do.

sjspeck:
Actually I don't 100% agree with what I wrote either...lol

I just get so tired of the blanket "buy a Mac and solve all your problems" fanatics in this and other forums that I tried to make them think a little.

I'd expect you to disagree given your job. And you're probably right and certainly know a h#*l of a lot more about this than I do.
I totally understand. It really comes down to knowledge of an Operating System and how it works. You can have a good, stable running Windows system if you set it up correctly. Actually, I have a Windows XP system that has been running for close to 5 years now without having to reinstall the OS. The last time I had to reinstall on the box, I got a virus(by some stupid software that I installed) and I accidentally removed the wrong directory in the Registry! :11:

This is true with Linux and Unix systems as well. If you do a default install with the majority of them and don't really understand how it works, you are a big gaping hole on the Internet for someone that does understand how to exploit a *nix system.

I have several clients that run 100% Windows and I wouldn't even think of recommending them go to a Mac because it does not suit their business needs in any way. When I do recommend someone going to an Apple computer or network setup, I have a solid reason why they should go that route and tell them why they should comsider it and how it would benefit them. So for those of you that think he should pay his duckets out for a Mac, go ahead and explain why. Justify your comment and tell Jim how it would truly benefit him.

No computer system is perfect. No software is perfect. If it was, they would never need to update it with bug fixes.

Anyway, I'm on my Maui vacation and need to go to bed. I have some diving to attend to tomorrow morning!:D

B.

P.S. But make no mistake about it, Apple is my computer of choice!:lotsalove:

zen_man:
I totally understand. It really comes down to knowledge of an Operating System and how it works. You can have a good, stable running Windows system if you set it up correctly. Actually, I have a Windows XP system that has been running for close to 5 years now without having to reinstall the OS. The last time I had to reinstall on the box, I got a virus(by some stupid software that I installed) and I accidentally removed the wrong directory in the Registry! :11:

This is true with Linux and Unix systems as well. If you do a default install with the majority of them and don't really understand how it works, you are a big gaping hole on the Internet for someone that does understand how to exploit a *nix system.

I have several clients that run 100% Windows and I wouldn't even think of recommending them go to a Mac because it does not suit their business needs in any way. When I do recommend someone going to an Apple computer or network setup, I have a solid reason why they should go that route and tell them why they should comsider it and how it would benefit them. So for those of you that think he should pay his duckets out for a Mac, go ahead and explain why. Justify your comment and tell Jim how it would truly benefit him.

No computer system is perfect. No software is perfect. If it was, they would never need to update it with bug fixes.

Anyway, I'm on my Maui vacation and need to go to bed. I have some diving to attend to tomorrow morning!:D

B.

P.S. But make no mistake about it, Apple is my computer of choice!:lotsalove:

Buck.

I could really use the help if you have time!!

I lost my lap-top tonight as well and it had ALL of my Florida pics on it!!

Thanks buddy!!

Jim!

somewhereinla:
You can either buy a Mac or wait for Microsoft to fix the bug. It's one of many known bugs in Vista...

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/935893

Or remove Vista from your computer and buy a copy of XP while you still can. My computer recently died and after reading about vista (and hearding all the problems my companys IT dept was having) I searched until I found a computer with XP.

herman:
Or remove Vista from your computer and buy a copy of XP while you still can. My computer recently died and after reading about vista (and hearding all the problems my companys IT dept was having) I searched until I found a computer with XP.
I agree. No need to get rid of your PC. Just remove Vista and install Windows XP. XP has been around for a while and you should have no problems with it. I develop software that runs on all Windows platforms incuding Vista. Personally, I would never install a new OS from Microsoft until they at least come out with a couple of Service Packs.

i agree you should get rid of vista there really is no problem with a windows based pc in genera but i am a die hard mac user but that is because i do a lot music editing photography and can justify using them. Microsoft released vista too soon it is not supposed to be as stable as windows XP for more that 12-24 months. i would switch back to Windows XP until they get some of the bugs worked out of Vista. Mac OS 10 was the same way when it first came out. the only problem you might have is finding drivers for XP. by the way if you know OS 10 and Visa they look very similar. and one of the main reasons you can just run OS 10 on any computer is because is Mac way of quality control.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom