Need some help. Newbie looking for wetsuit.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nosignal

New
Reaction score
Hi everyone, my name is Eric and I've very recently started scuba diving. I had my first pool session a few days ago and got the first three skill levels of my training done. I'd like to get my own wetsuit but I'm having difficulty trying to figure out which one to go with. I've done some research online and at my closest dive shop.
I've narrowed it down to three choices: the Neosport xspan, the Pinnacle cruiser, and my nearest dive shop sells a brand called Scubamax.
All the choices just listed are right around the same price. I was wondering if anyone could offer some help with my choices?
Also, I'm not exactly sure what thickness of suit to get. I went with 5 just because it was right in the middle. My pool dive was in an unheated pool (not sure of the exact temp. though) and I started getting cold throughout the dive. Would a 5mm suit be overkill, or would it work?
Any help is appreciated. Thank you
Eric

The thickness you get absolutely depends on where you will be diving. Will it be local, tropical etc. Your LDS should steer you in the right direction of what local water temps are like and what kind of exposure protection you need. (I am obviously no where near Ohio so can't help you out there:))

I don't have any knowledge of the brands you specified (I use BARE) but you can try searching old discussions to see reviews. Alternatively, go to google, type in scubaboard and the brand and see what comes up, because the search function on here gives a lot of hits to weed through.

Good luck and welcome to ScubaBoard!

Not to sound like a salesman, but LeisurePro.com is running a special on the Cruiser 5 suits. You get a free pair of gloves, boots, a hood, towel, wetsuit shampoo, hanger, towel, and a baseball cap for $189 shipped. The other thing that I like about LeisurePro is that if the suit doesn't fit, you can ship it back and they'll send you a different size.

Pinnacle Cruiser 5mm Men's Jumpsuit Package

I was actually looking at that package deal. It looks very appealing, but they don't have my size in stock. The water temps here are going to vary from approx. the low 60s to mid 70s depending on the time of year. I'll have to give the dive shop a call.

Back
Top Bottom