Need some current Tahiti dive advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cruisegirl

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I have been to Tahiti and diving before in 2008. We went diving in Moorea, Bora Bora and Raiatea. I'm looking for any current info. regarding diving and dive shops in Tahiti. We're doing a cruise that will go to Moorea, Bora Bora, Rangiroa, Huahine and Raiatea. Any info. would be greatly appreciated.

Top Dive has a package to dive several island, you just buy an inter island pass and you can use it on the islands where they have dive centers, I am not sure they have dive centers on every island you are visiting. their web page is: TOPDIVE - The best of diving in Tahiti & her islands, check them out, I dived with them about a year ago and everything was great. have a Great trip.

On Huahine I've used Blue Pacific Adventure, aka Dive Huahine: Excellent service, and great location right on the town dock. 3 minutes from the two passes. Passe Avapeihi/Fitii Drop and Roses are the better sites.

On Raiatea I've used Hemisphere Sub Plongee on several trips, for their locations (they are right in the marina where we sail from and also at the town dock) and their excellent easy-going service. Two Raiatea dives I'd recommend the Pass Teavapiti and they have a "shark" dive site Miri-miri.

Can't help with Moorea (been 20 years since making a dive there) or Boring Boring except we've used TOP Dive to fill our tanks, last trip they didn't want to rendevous or take us out because of a fuel shortage (yea right!)

On Rangiroa, SixPassengers or Raie Manta, TOPdive's a last choice. All the pass dives are excellent, you will really be at the timing of the water in and out flow for site selection.

Thank you to both of you. The info. was great. I'm already checking out the different dive shops. And they have better prices than Top Dive.

Dove with TopDive two weeks ago. Very happy with them. They could have put a little more air in the tank, otherwise very happy. I usually started a dive with 2900-2950 lbs. Being an air hog, that gave me 45 minutes bottom time leaving a safe margin of error in the tank on surfacing. Normal dive depths for TopDive were 60-80 feet with is fine with me.

BTW, there is not much in the way of coral in Moorea. Great sea life though.

Back
Top Bottom