Need some assistance with wrist boot for compass

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

keb001

Registered
Reaction score
I have a Genesis compass that I'd like to put in a wrist boot. I ordered a Sherwood/Genesis wrist boot but it doesn't work with my compass. I bought this particular compass 2001ish. Is there a wrist boot that will work with this compass? Thanks in advance for any assistance!
upload_2019-5-27_22-39-58.png upload_2019-5-27_22-40-24.png

Can you remove the compass capsule and the bezel from the bottom black plastic part and then insert/attach them to the wrist boot you purchased?

SWDCM6.jpg

-Z

Which boot did you buy:

this one:
upload_2019-5-28_17-49-30.jpeg

or this one:
upload_2019-5-28_17-49-46.jpeg

or this one:
upload_2019-5-28_17-52-28.jpeg

-Z

Based on the bezel of your compass it looks like you need the type of mount depicted below:

upload_2019-5-28_17-55-56.jpeg

-Z

Do you know where I can find one like this?

Thanks!

I briefly looked for an online source and could not find one, but you should look to see if you can remove the compass capsule and bezel from the lower black plastic like I suggested above. If so you may find it will fit in the boot you have or one that is otherwise available.

-Z

I bought an "Oceanic" type wrist mount for an Aeris compass that looks like yours.

The Aeris was a direct replacement for the Oceanic compass that lost its fluid and fit the console boot as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom