Need some advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

zuzanne

Contributor
Reaction score
:06: I plan to shoot using Sea & Sea Motor Marine II on the Stav in Barbados in Oct. This is my first time to shoot on a wreck this deep. Stav starts at 20 feet goes to 130 feet all the way to the sand. We will proabbly stay with the 50 to 80 foot range on the dive. Should I use the 16mm or the 20mm lens or both and should I go with auto focus or manual? If manual what settings would be best?

My second attempt at shooting is going be a land shoot inside Harrison's Cave using my Kodak 3.3 Digital Zoom Camera. They take you thru the cave on a slow moving tram, so tripod is out. I have wide angle & telephoto lenses for the camera. They say the cave is lit with tungsten lites. What is the best way to take photos in this type of environment? What lens should I be using and do I need to use flash or go with available lighting? This is my first time to be in a cave so not sure what to expect.

Thanks for anyones input with this.

Zuzanne

Hi Zuzanne,

I can't answer your camera query, but I just wanted to say that I'm envious - you're going to my favourite place! I've dived the Stav MANY times, day and night, good viz and bad, and enjoyed most of them. I find the life around the mast when off-gassing is awesome; shoals of sergeant-majors and even (if you're lucky) George the Barracuda. If this is your first - enjoy! If not, you know exactly what I'm on about. I'll ask my Bajan instructor about the photography question.

Savannah

Thanks Savannah, it is our first trip to Barbados, so we are looking at trying to see everything topside as well as dive the Stav and other areas around the Island.

Zuzanne

Back
Top Bottom