Need some advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TheAvatar once bubbled...

Your edit makes the image much more dramatic and the elements you altered gives me much more of a feeling of being in a cave. I like it.

in case anybody is wondering -
desatarate the master channel, curves to adjust contrast, burn the highlite in the lowerleft, and a heavy dodge to put the lite beam in

What James and Avatar said....I agree.

Jame's tweaking makes me really wonder what's behind that sunbeam and how far it goes.

Thanks guys, I really appreciate you taking time to answer ... I take on board what you are saying and I can see now why I dont like it.

It is in the Southern Red Sea at a place called Sha'ab Samadai, or Dolphin House. There is a resident pod of 40 spinner dolphins live here, and you can snorkel with them 24/7.
It is right up inside the reef, the depth is 4 metres (25 feet)
I felt so at peace here, the sand was undisturbed and I wanted to just go to sleep here.

The touch up is awesome!!!
Could that touchup be acheived through natural photography?

Thanks again guys ... I will be back for some more advice when I have scanned in the rest of the photos ... if you dont mind.

A Friendly Reminder...

need Scubababy in a bikini for the next time!!!

Belushi once bubbled...

The touch up is awesome!!!
Could that touchup be acheived through natural photography?

i'm glad you liked it - i was worried, i don't usualy do that , it's technicly a copyright violation.

almost anything photoshop can do can be done in a darkroom ( it's just a matter of how easy and how much skill you have), with the exception of some of the filter effects.

the effect could not be acheived just on the film however! you'd start with the film but Most of the changes would be done in the printing.

i'd start by useing a filter to even out the colors and under expose by ~ 2 stops ( bracket every 1/2 stop going down), than push the film in development by 1/2 stop to bring up the contrast. now the darkroom stuff starts and that is a lot of trial and error to get the basic exposure just where you want it. once that is right you start on the 'dodgeing' ( that is where you cover part of the print during part of the exposure ), once i had that down, you move to 'burning' where you overexpose part of the print .
all this will take a LOT of time and a lot of paper - you don't know what you really have till you develope the print each time.

photography is really devided into 2 parts takeing the pix and printing it. the first part is rather easy ( it's mostly a matter of following a few simple rules), the true "art" is done in the darkroom.

Back
Top Bottom