need some advice on mask and ears

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Silverfish,

I noticed on another thread that you are now certified. Again, congratulations. Did you ever find a cure to your mask leakage problem? If so, what was your solution?

Warren

I am actually still searching for the perfect mask. I have borrowed several different ones from my instructor and my brother. I did find out that I don't leak as much in a low volume mask as with a full view.I have narrowed it down to two that I like the best, one is an Oceanmaster and I really can't remember the name of the other. It belongs to my dive teacher so I will ask her about it. The one thing I don't like about this sport is that the gear is expensive and it needs to be right for you when you buy it...how can you tell until you spend some time in it?? Kind of like shoes I think.It's great if you really like it,but, by the time you know it's not quite right it's probably too late to return it. Trial and error can get expensive in this sport. Oh well..I notice your occupation is Education Media,
what is that?

I am very new, just got certified, but I am extreamly happy with my Oceanmaster Z2 mask with purge. I had a lot of problems with masks being two big side-to-side or between my nose and upper lip. I also needed corrective lenses so that limited my choices.

To help me get a good fit, I followed the advise on:
http://scubadiving.com/gear/firstgear/
and
http://www.scubadiving.com/gear/smmasks/

It was very helpful in narrowing my choices before I even got to the pool. I had my husband check for gaps as I looked up/down etc.

Good luck. A good fitting mask is a joy to dive with.

Silverfish,

Good luck in your search. It may take awhile, but once you find the right one you'll realize it has been worth the time and effort.

An instructor at my LDS has a tub filled with masks/snorkels of most models that are for sale at his dive shop, plus a bunch he's collected over the years from 'left behinds' on dive trips, etc. He brings the tub to his pool and OW sessions and invites everyone to try them all until they find one they like that fits. If it works in the water with a regulator/snorkel in the diver's mouth, he usually gets a sale and happy diver, a good combination.

Here's another anti-leak tip to add to the many good ones you've already received. Make sure there's no suntan lotion, sun block, or oil on your skin where the mask skirt makes contact. The oils, lotions, etc., can prevent a seal and leakage will occur.

Also, if possible, have a regulator or snorkel in your mouth when fitting the mask. The shape of your face will change, especially when the mouthpiece is moved around.

Educational Media is a fancy umbrella title used by my college for any medium used in teaching; i.e, TV, radio, audio and video tapes, overheads, computers, newspapers, textbooks, etc. I administer the college's distance education program which uses all of the above in one form or another. In actuality, I'm semi-retired and this is a fun thing to be doing when I'm not diving...

Warren

If you want to keep water out of your ears and have a very comfortable, low volume high quality mask then try the ProEar mask. It allows you to dive with Dry Ears.

Then dont even say it ...

HMan, the only post you have ever made here is to advertise your product ...

You are only starting to bug people and rub them the wrong way.

You even went so far as to dig up an over 1 month old Topic just to spam people with your product.

Instead of just coming and going only to spam people with your product, try to actually contribute to the discussions with something of some use. It's bad enough that we have to put up with dozens of SPAM Email from places like "cyberdiver" talking about your mask let alone have you come by here and continue to spam about it.

[red]NOTICE:[/red]
If that is how you want to do business that is your choice - but not here. If you think you will get more people to like your product by spamming them and by doing business with others that SPAM, then I have a major revelation for you ...

[c][red]* * * IT'S A BAD IDEA * * *[/red][/c]

But then again what do I know, I've only been doing this for about 9 years now... The SSN websites (Over 300 Domains Online) only get between 9 to 11 MILLION views a month, on average.

So you can continue to dig yourself a grave, but not in our house!

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom