Need some advice on Anilao this month

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the information Karl H. Could you perhaps give us some more information on Arthurs Place? I've seen it from the water and it looks very laid back.

That would probably be the best description! :)

I've always enjoyed my stays there, staff are always friendly, rooms are pretty god and reasonable prices all round. Diving is as per the standard Anilao per guide and per banca costs but tends to be quite a bit cheaper than other resorts - although the banca costs seem to vary quite a bit from site to site - further sites are around 2000-2200 for two dives out where as closer sites are more like 1500 as I recall.

The rooms available are all en-suite, most with Air-Con (around 2000 per night per room or 3000 for the family room I think?) and there is a few fan rooms - all at cheaper prices. Food wise the food isn't going to win any Michelin Stars anytime soon but I've always found the food reasonable, although the choice can be pretty limited - The menu is small and many items seem to be out of stock each time I've stayed :)

The whole resort is family run which seems to add a little charm to the place, the only non family seem to be the banca crew if additional boats are required for more divers :) Dive wise the facilities are pretty much on par with most Anilao resorts with a few big wash areas and showers, along with lockable cages for gear. I've always dived with the main guide, Lito, and can recommend him for good critter spotting and knowledge of sites - He seems to know all the sites rather than the usual Anilao favorites, including the further ones like Mapating and Devils Point.

The resort it's self is, as you say, very laid back, there is a nice garden area in the centre with all cottages/rooms around it. There's a small sun deck with a great view to relax on while the bigger family room has a huge terrace complete with hammock.

All in all I'd certainly recommend it as a nice resort to stay at, definitely in my top 3 :) The only down side is I once had some slightly bad tasting air there once, although I think that may have been down to my regulator which hadn't been used for a few weeks at that time - only the once, and it was only slightly off tasting (although sadly I didn't realize until we were on the bottom...) and I didn't get any side effects other than an odd taste!

Karl

Photos of arthurshttp://www.scubaboard.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=70002&stc=1&d=1262663736http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=70001&stc=1&d=1262663698http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=70003&stc=1&d=1262663828

This is my first attempt at uploading photos in a thread so bear with me.
The first shot is of Arthurs from the water. My wifes brother in-law leases the house in the second shot two houses to the left of Arthurs.
Third is taken from bangka at twin rocks just offshore from Planet Dive.

I have done a whole photo shoot from the water all along Anialo.........

Attachments

• Aurthurs Resort.jpg
    Aurthurs Resort.jpg
    385.1 KB · Views: 55
  • Our Place.jpg
    Our Place.jpg
    356.1 KB · Views: 68
  • Planet Dive.jpg
    Planet Dive.jpg
    420.3 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
Another thumbs up for Arthur's Place from me. I stayed there in Nov, had a great time. Can't really add anything more to what has been said. I had no issue with the food either. The dive guide Lito was extremely helpful, and seems to have a great knowledge of the area.

Thanks everyone for the advice I am currently discussing with several of the suggested resorts.. I received one firm quote from Aqua Venture and I am prettty sure we wont be staying or diving with them.

Anyone going to be in Anilao next week?

Thanks everyone for the advice I am currently discussing with several of the suggested resorts.. I received one firm quote from Aqua Venture and I am prettty sure we wont be staying or diving with them.

did they (AquaV) give you the local rate?

if aquav's off the budget san jose dive camp might be your ticket...

actually there are a whole lot of inexpensive-looking places along that whole 10km strip in anilao... if you have the time and/or energy you can go door-to-door

i can imagine anilao's got a crapload of options :biggrin:

Jag

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom