Need Scuba Sites for Florida Scuba Site Website

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

orlandoscuba

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
There has been my times asked by divers, "Where they could go scuba diving in Florida". This has giving me the idea to create a central database site that includes this information as well as reviews and photos. The site is located at Scuba Florida: The premier source for SCUBA diving in Florida.. I will be finishing up the programming in a few weeks and look forward to adding this resource to the diving community.

If you know of any good sites please post them to Scuba Florida: The premier source for SCUBA diving in Florida.. Thank you in advance for your help.

Yes, and I'm already using and contributing to both divespots.com and http://www.wannadive.net/spot/index.html

I hate to say it but unless you've got a much better mousetrap, it's already been done.

I'd rather hear a review than read a stock piece from the net again.The local reef research teams and sportfishing clubs that place them have some good info.

Sounds alot like Dive-Spots.com Scuba diving sites and GPS destinations: Wrecks, Coral Reefs, Reviews, Trip Charters. - Dive Spots
I hope your site will be even more comprehensive, including springs, lakes, shore dives and artificial reefs. Be sure to include GPS coordinates.
It does include GPS and includes ALL type of diving. :) As for wannadive.com, it does have alot, but it took me about 6 clicks to find Devils Den in florida. I wanted a site that has all the information about florida in one place, and is easy (click on the area in state of florida and your there) With basic information such as prices, pictures and other reviews in one area (3 click max form main page)

Divespots.com requires you to log in to get the gps info. Again I want this site to be easy for the person who likes to dive and not necessary internet savy. I plan on just having the need to log in for only necessary items, such as posting pictures, reviews and advanced functions.

Best of Luck to you. I would be happy to have another resource besides the ones mentioned and Ned DeLoach's guides. Although, I'd be a little worried about stepping on another persons copyrighted work. For instance if I were to post the location of AREA 51. I don't know if that's public information or a term created by Jupiter Dive Center.
It's also not clear how to add photos or additional info to dive sites already listed on your website.

Best of Luck to you. I would be happy to have another resource besides the ones mentioned and Ned DeLoach's guides. Although, I'd be a little worried about stepping on another persons copyrighted work. For instance if I were to post the location of AREA 51. I don't know if that's public information or a term created by Jupiter Dive Center.
It's also not clear how to add photos or additional info to dive sites already listed on your website.
The feature to add photos and additional info is currently being developed. I plan on having that feature in a few weeks.

Thank you.

Tampa Diving is a valuable resource.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom