Need Regulator Advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

before you purchased that new regulator maybe you should read the thread "dumped on by diving companies again" ...... a new look into some old brands of Dacor and Mares

scubapro50:
before you purchased that new regulator maybe you should read the thread "dumped on by diving companies again" ...... a new look into some old brands of Dacor and Mares

And how do you know that he didn't read the thread? I personally have had no problems getting either my Orbiter or my Abyss serviced. Oh, and the Orbiter is not even sold anymore.

To DustyDiver, I have a RG1200, which is a model prior to your RG2000. I have had it down to 42 degrees Farenheit and it performed flawlessly.

Treat it good, and it will treat you better when you need it to.

Randy Cain

Thanks Randy, that helps. I'm mostly a warm water diver, but was curious in case I take it out here locally in Viriginia. (I did my certification dives off the coast of Califonia in the winter and swore then that I would stay a warm water diver.) :)

Scubapro -- I did read that thread before my purhcase, but didn't see anything that turned me off to Dive Rite. I did want to pick a reg that one of my LDS could do the yearly service on and the Dive Rite seemed to fit all my needs.

Just an update. I used the Dive Rite in Aruba and loved it. Even when my tank was getting low, it was still consistent, easy, and smooth. What more could anyone want?

Back
Top Bottom