Need referral dive operator on Oahu

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ChrisA

Just to clarify

I had asked for “Oahu referral recommendations only please” because that is where we are staring our honeymoon. I knew there are other islands for referral dives.
But, I want my future wife to see and dive Oahu first before we venture out to the other islands and dive them. After spending many hours reading the O’hana forum my quote.” I know some of you all get off topic really easy as do I. Just and observation on my part.” refers to the opinions of some of the people who seem to post that Oahu does not have much to offer in the way of diving. We will find that out for ourselves. I have dove Hawaii before years ago. Had a great time!

I couldn’t agree with you more about learning to dive locally. That is how I completed all of my training since getting certified before going to Hawaii in the 1980’s, and my continuing scuba education since then. I did go local for my fiancé’s class room and pool training. Her only option this time of year in Tulsa, Oklahoma is doing her open water dives in a full wetsuit in a power plant water supply with very poor visibility. I spoke with both her instructor and the owner of the dive shop here in Tulsa about the power plant dives. That had suggested the referral dives.

I had warned my bride about having to do open water skills in paradise. She is ok with it. She didn’t think she could dive. But, she was trying it for me. She was surprised at how well she did in the class room and pool and she is now very excited about diving the ocean with me. I am a lucky man!

Thanks for the advice.

Johnny

Johnny, I strongly believe your wife will have the time of her life and get a great experience with referral/certification dives from ISLAND DIVERS HAWAII!!!! I did my training with SDI and did my referrals with IDH which is PADI and had no problems. Good Luck and enjoy.

I did my first salt water dive in October with Ocean Concepts. Great people, great equipment, and a great value. Jo and Jen were the dive masters and they split the group based on experience. I felt very safe with them and had a great experience. I loved Oahu and ended up buying a time-share there. Can't wait to go back!!!!! :D

Congratulations on your engagement!
-Mike-

We booked our Oahu dives with Island Divers Hawaii after all of the consideration.
Thanks to all of you for the advice and thank you K9Pig.
Also thanks to Louie and Guy at Island Divers they have treated us great on the phone and via email.

30 days and counting!

Johnny McClanahan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom