Need referral dive operator on Oahu

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hdtravlr1

Registered
Reaction score
Hello

Getting Married on April 13 and honeymooning with my new wife in the Hawaiian Islands for the last two weeks of April.

She has completed the PADI class and pool skills here at home in landlocked Tulsa, Oklahoma. She has not done any diving except her pool instruction.

We need some recommendations for a referral dive operator on Oahu. We have not picked our accommodations yet. But we are leaning towards the moderate to inexpensive side to save more money for diving on the Islands.

I have been certified since the 80’s and have over 50 dives with a recent scuba tune up and 5 Bahamas dives in October 2007.

I was hoping of joining her on the same boat for her open water dives. Maybe the boat would break up into groups of experience levels. Guess that depends on the operator.

I have read volumes of the Maui diving here on the boards and we will go there also.
But, I want to start her instruction on Oahu since we land there first and rainbow reef has a special place in my heart since it was my first ocean dive ever. Maybe we can dive there together as dive buddies in scuba and in life.

Was that too mushy for you all? Can you tell I am excited to dive with the love of my life?

Oahu referral recommendations only please. I know some of you all get off topic really easy as do I. Just and observation on my part. :wink:

Johnny

I say go with Ocean Concepts. I used to work there...so I am somewhat biased. However, they are used to finishing up (referral) certifications and they will give you guided dives, grouped by experience level. All in all a very experienced and organized group. Most dive operators will also do hotel pick ups / drop offs. They also give multi-day discounts.

Some links of interest for you. Open Water Referrals, Daily Dive Schedule, Oahu Dive Centers

Have a great time, I'm jealous! And most of all...Congrats!

My guess is you prefer something besides a cattle boat, as I know I cant stand a cattle boat anytime. Check out my website and talk to me direct.

Jack

My guess is you prefer something besides a cattle boat, as I know I cant stand a cattle boat anytime. Check out my website and talk to me direct.

Jack

wow, yur site looks awesome... unfortunately it's so expensive.... I'm looking to do a bunch of diving in June when i'm in Oahu, hoping to do a bunch of PADI Adventure dives (night, wreck, deep) and maybe even complete one of the aforementioned certification... do you have any tips? or deals? Maybe a 1 day or 2 day trip that could cover all these since you can do unlimited dives....? (SI's considered ofcourse)

We offer referral dives also. And you have the option to dive with your wife or with the other certified divers. I would also recommend making your reservation earlier than later as April tends to be a high season for us. Another recommendation is to book during the week when the boats are less crowded.

Louie

Johnny
I did my referral dives with Island Divers Hawaii back in April of 06. They are FIRST CLASS all the way. Excellent instructors. Check out their website and read some of the dive reports, I read them daily. Congrats and enjoy your trip with your "new" wife as compared to an OLD one!!!

K9Pig:police:
Ted Fitzsimmons

wow, yur site looks awesome... unfortunately it's so expensive.... I'm looking to do a bunch of diving in June when i'm in Oahu, hoping to do a bunch of PADI Adventure dives (night, wreck, deep) and maybe even complete one of the aforementioned certification... do you have any tips? or deals? Maybe a 1 day or 2 day trip that could cover all these since you can do unlimited dives....? (SI's considered ofcourse)

Of course we can arrange something to work for you. Call me direct or email me and we can put together a specific trip plan for you.

Jack

Thanks to all of you for the information.
I will check out our options and book our dives.
Only 36 days till we land in Hawaii. Can't wait to visit paradise again!

Johnny

Hello

Oahu referral recommendations only please. I know some of you all get off topic really easy as do I. Just and observation on my part. :wink:

Johnny

I know what you said. But really never have thought the referral idea is good. I think it is much better to learn to dive near your home.

Learning to dive locally, you also learn the local dive sites and meet many local divers. Then you can dive frequently with local buddies at the local site for about the price of gas and lunch. Diving then is easy and afordable and is something you can do before lunch on a Saturday
Unless you are rich you will ever be able to fly to far off places to dive except for a few times a year. diving so infrequently keeping skills becomes an issue and you are forever a beginner even after 10 years of twice a year diving.

The other thing is that there might be better ways to spend vacation time than doing two days of class drills, mask clearing and fin pivots. Better to do those at home to free up time for more interresting dives at the resort location.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom