need recommendation for point-n-shoot. prefer waterpoof

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mike_s

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi all,

I need a recommendation for a point and shoot for land use.

Would prefer something waterpoof, for pool/beach type use. (not for diving use).

Anyone have any recommendations?

* Would like small (fit in shorts pocket).
* Pefer SD or mircoSD memory cards.
* quick response (takes pic when I press button instead of 1-3 seconds later)
* video recording would be nice.

Looking perhaps

Amazon.com: Olympus Stylus 6000 10MP Digital Camera with 3.6x Wide Angle Optical Dual Image Stabilized Zoom and 2.7-inch LCD (Yellow): Electronics
41i1jkLxJ7L._AA300_.jpg

Any other suggestions are welcome

thanks...

Last edited:
well Looks like they don't make the above anymore. but still available.

some other similar models like the Olympus Stylus 3000

any other recommendations welcome.

Once upon a time I was in the market for a water resistant camera and from what I could gather, the Panasonic line was the best out there. Meets all you criteria (in my opinion anyway) and does HD movies. Down side is you pay for what you get.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS2 Digital Camera - Express Review - The Imaging Resource!

Canon also makes a reportedly decent camera - the D10, but is it's rather large in comparison to other cameras

I have used 2 of the Olympus water resistant cameras and from what I saw, they are pretty weak in the image quality department and down right terrible in the shutter lag department. If you are looking for a snorkel camera it gets the job done but I wouldn't recommend one as an everyday camera. I found the pics from both to be very noisy and quite soft.

We have the predecessor model to the Olympus Stylus Tough...Its waterproof to about 33' and has withstood some falls and takes OK pictures. The real question is how you define an OK picture -- let me put it to you this way, compare it to any picture I take with my Canon T2i and you will be disappointed.

We have the predecessor model to the Olympus Stylus Tough...Its waterproof to about 33' and has withstood some falls and takes OK pictures. The real question is how you define an OK picture -- let me put it to you this way, compare it to any picture I take with my Canon T2i and you will be disappointed.

Arkstorm, certainly you're right about compact vs DSLRs, but if you compare Panasonic TS2, TS1,FT2,FT1 pictures and (especially) movies, with Olympus Tough & SW, you will also see very big difference and you will be highly dissapointed with photos and movies taken with any Olympus compact camera!

I owned all Pentax W cameras, two Olympus SW (720,1030) and tested (for a week) Canon D10 and Olympus 8010 and I can say, that all tested Olympus cameras were big disappointment.

Check for more informations about compact UW cameras: Underwater cameras test 2010 - Summary - Lenstip.com and http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/underwater-photography/356883-sharm-el-sheikh-9-16-october-2010-a.html

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom