Need opinions on Hamanasi

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We've been around quite a bit of Belize, and plan to retire there. I agree completely with your assessment of how safe it is. We have found the people there some of the friendliest in all of mainland Central America. I definitely can't think of anyplace else where people will slow a car down to a crawl to make certain they don't splash someone with a mud puddle.

My girlfriend and I spent a day diving with hamanasi in late February after a week on Turneffe Island Resort. We spent 4 nights in Hopkins and really enjoyed it. We didn't stay at hamanasi but would certainly consider it if we go to the south coast of belize again. The week on the island was fabulous but I wouldn't hesitate to recommend hamanasi. It is a very professional resort with a great boat and excellent facilities and DMs. The ride out to the reef was of course longer than the ride from TIR but it wasn't bad, perhaps 1/2 hour. The dives were somewhat different in character than those at TIR with sand flats interspersed with coral heads but they were very enjoyable.

We've been around quite a bit of Belize, and plan to retire there. I agree completely with your assessment of how safe it is. We have found the people there some of the friendliest in all of mainland Central America. I definitely can't think of anyplace else where people will slow a car down to a crawl to make certain they don't splash someone with a mud puddle.

I sure hope you plan to rent for awhile before you buy, upon your retirement.

Don't get me wrong, I love the Jewel but living there can be quite a different story.

Except for medical it really won't be that different for us. We currently live surrounded by cows, and we plan on changing that for more trees. The weather is pretty much the same as where we live now, same with hurricanes, except we will probably live a bit more inland and higher.

Except for medical it really won't be that different for us. We currently live surrounded by cows, and we plan on changing that for more trees. The weather is pretty much the same as where we live now, same with hurricanes, except we will probably live a bit more inland and higher.

I wasn't talking about that side of things.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom