Need opinions from the lady divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I love my Aqua Lung low profile. Great comfort and it adjusts easily.

my girlfriend is getting certified and i need to know what masks fit you ladies the best. she is petite about 5' tall. not a really narrow face but then again if she was taller maybe it would be narrow. what masks fit you the best? thx.
What fits anyone else is irrelevant. She needs to go try them on, it's really the only way. She should have a reg or at least a snorkel in her mouth when she does.

She should have a reg or at least a snorkel in her mouth when she does.

That is REALLY good advice that I wish I'd known before I bought my mask. My mask fits my narrow face well enough (Oceanic Ion4), but the skirt kinda digs into my skin under my nose a little with a reg in. This isn't a major issue, but it is a little less comfortable under the nose than I'd like and I'll probably get a new mask some day when I feel like splurging...

my girlfriend is getting certified and i need to know what masks fit you ladies the best. she is petite about 5' tall. not a really narrow face but then again if she was taller maybe it would be narrow. what masks fit you the best? thx.

She needs to try them on. What fits other people is irrelevant.

I had such a hard time fining a mask. My dive shop was wonderful. THey let me put on the hood and take masks in the pool until I found one that fit my face. I recomend you take her to the shop and see if they will do something like this for you. I ended up with a SeaDive.

She needs to try them on. What fits other people is irrelevant.

Atomic Mid Size Frameless - made specifically for smaller women

...though that would be my recommendation.

:D

I just bought my second Atomic Frameless to use as a backup mask. In doing my recent tec course I found I couldn't stand having a "different" mask as my backup. In fact on dives where I knew there would be a "primary mask loss" I would start with my other mask on so I could switch to my Atomic Frameless, instead of switching from it!

thanks for the info everyone, we went with the scubapro scout. we tried quite a few and she liked the scout best.

Good friend of mine just picked up an Atomic frameless mid-size. She loves it! She's 5'2" and would fit in the 'petite' category as well. However, she picked out the mask only after a LOT of trips to the LDS trying on a LOT of different ones.

Imagine that, a woman shopping...

(only joking, no offense)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom