Need Official paper work on HEISER 190

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dave's

Reaction score
Hay how go's it,?....

i have a HElSER 190,
The tank is stamped:

HElSER 8255228 M8304.

DOT-3AA 4350.

BEUCHAT.
6 B2 98.
The valve is stamped:

BEUCHAT 3/4 npsm.
4400 psi.
service pressure.

I'm trying to find some Offical paper work that shows the Actual psi the tank can be filled to, my local dive shop said they wont fill it past 3000 psi. WHY?

Attachments

• DIVE TANK 003 copy.jpg
    DIVE TANK 003 copy.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 479
i dont know how to put multipal pix in one posting.
but heres a pik of the valve.

can any one help me out on this tank?
I'd Really appreaciate it.
Thanks
Dave.

Attachments

• DIVE TANK VALVE.jpg
    DIVE TANK VALVE.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 355
The hydro is no big deal, its only 23.00 and it is up for re~hydro.
i TRIED to explain to the shop that its stamped on the tank 4350 and the Valve is stamped 4400,
heck i even pointed it out to them ON THE TANK, they came back saying it was only a 2901 said 5/3 of the test pressure and started saying some mathmatical formula that its only good to 2901.
so they wouldnt fill it,
so am i missing something here or are they just incorrect ?

Go to a different shop. They must be morons. Any place capable of filling fire service cylinders can fill to 4350. Take your money to someone who deserves it.

The hydro is no big deal, its only 23.00 and it is up for re~hydro.
i TRIED to explain to the shop that its stamped on the tank 4350 and the Valve is stamped 4400,
heck i even pointed it out to them ON THE TANK, they came back saying it was only a 2901 said 5/3 of the test pressure and started saying some mathmatical formula that its only good to 2901.
so they wouldnt fill it,
so am i missing something here or are they just incorrect ?

They are idiots. If they're using the 5/3 method, they're doing the math backward. 5/3 of 4350 is 7250, so that should be their hydro test pressure. I don't have any spec sheets for Heiser cylinders, so it's possible that the test pressure is lower than that because of an exemption.

Here is the cylinder spec sheet from TDL.

TECHDIVINGLIMITED.COM

The big Heiser is at the bottom of the list, with the fill pressure.

Ditto what others have been saying go to a different shop. But first if you are not already dealing with the owner - tell him/her that his/her staff are idiots, if you are dealing with the owner, tell him/her that they are an idiot.

Hay how go's it,?....

i have a HElSER 190,
The tank is stamped:

HElSER 8255228 M8304.

DOT-3AA 4350.

BEUCHAT.
6 B2 98.
The valve is stamped:

BEUCHAT 3/4 npsm.
4400 psi.
service pressure.

I'm trying to find some Offical paper work that shows the Actual psi the tank can be filled to, my local dive shop said they wont fill it past 3000 psi. WHY?

Well, if the tank has a hydro and viz sticker, there should be no problems in getting it filled. Try a different dive shop, or ask your dive shop to phone the makers of the tank and ask what's up. It's their problem, not yours for sure.

The only numbers I have on them.

Manufacturer &
Nominal Capacity Heiser 190
Service pressure, psi 4400
Actual air capacity, ft3 190
Outer diameter, in 8.03
Length without valve, in 31.3
Empty weight, lbs (w/o valve) 87
Buoyancy Empty, lbs (w/valve) -46.86
Buoyancy Full, lbs (w/valve) -62.3

Are you really going to dive with this, or use it for submarine ballast? Make sure you have plenty of lift on your bc and dry suit.

If the cylinder is actually stamped 3AA (as it seems to be), there is no exception or special permit. The test pressure is 5/3 of the working pressure as stamped on the cylinder. Therefore, we are talking about a working pressure of 4350 psi and a test pressure of 7250 psi.

This is all spelled out on CFR49 (Code of Federal Regulation).

All the information needed to test and fill this cylinder is stamped on the neck, in conjunction with the appropriate codes.

Here is a short list:
49cfr178.37 Specification 3AA and 3AAX seamless steel cylinders
49cfr180.205 General requirements for requalification of cylinders
49cfr180.213 Requalification markings
49cfr173.302a Additional requirements for shipment of nonliquefied (permanent) compressed gases in specification cylinders
49cfr178.46 Specification 3AL seamless aluminum cylinders

You can do a quick search on the web to down load these sections of CFR49 if you what copies (or I can email them to you if you can’t find them), but you should not need them.

The fill pressure as shown on the cylinder is one of the most basic things your LDS should know about. If your LDS is so ignorant, he has no business playing with compressed air. :rolleyes:

I agree with Lead Carrier…62 lbs negative when full! That is some serious ballast.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom