Need Nitrox Diver Opinions: O2 Compensation Chart

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just a quick question . . . does anybody really care if the baseline calibration on an analyzer for scuba breathing gas is 20.4 or 20.9? (The lower numbers seem only relevant for atmospheric conditions I can't exist in :) ) Given that oxygen toxicity and DCS susceptibility are wildly variable between divers, or with one diver on different days, is whether your mix is 32.0 or 31.6 really going to change what you do?

Just a quick question . . . does anybody really care if the baseline calibration on an analyzer for scuba breathing gas is 20.4 or 20.9? (The lower numbers seem only relevant for atmospheric conditions I can't exist in :) ) Given that oxygen toxicity and DCS susceptibility are wildly variable between divers, or with one diver on different days, is whether your mix is 32.0 or 31.6 really going to change what you do?

Ok, I admit the only time I ever use the chart is when teaching a Ntrox class. LOL

That said I would rather teach from the first one. :wink:

Not very likely, but I'll share where I use that handy dandy chart. It sits on top of my analyser plugged into my nitrox stick. Start the compressor and calibrate using chart offsets (no dry air available for that unfortunately). Setting the analyzer closely to ambient conditions allow me to mix more accurate and more importantly gives me baseline to compare result against to make sure nothing going on in the stick/blending process.

Dive safe.

Stick with the original - why change what works already!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom