Need Manual for Bauer Purus

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lowcost

New
Reaction score
I just bought a Bauer Purus compressor and hope someone can tell me where I might find an owners/service manual. I haven't received it yet so I can't post any numbers but I have attached a couple pics. Thanks for any help.

Attachments

• bauer1.jpg
    bauer1.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 517
  • bauer2.jpg
    bauer2.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 466
  • bauer3.jpg
    bauer3.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 529
Are you sure that is a Purus? I have never seen one with that style fan shroud or new enough to have a Honda engine. From what I see of the compressor itself it looks right though. Whatever it is, it appears in great shape.

My Purus is a 1978 model mounted on a crash frame by Mako, however the manaul I have is a Bauer manual and shows the same basic compressor unit in a different frame. The filter unit looks different too (if there is even a filter in that small thing), mine used the 04852-410 filters, about 2/3 the size of the small P21 on the current Jr. II's.

2e_1.JPG

as to manuals I have a paper copy of the 1977/78 owners manual that I can scan for you, and someone on here sent me a PDF copy of the service manaul that I can forward to you if you will pm your email address.

Ike

The last time I checked (a year or so ago) scubaengineer had no downloadable manauals for the Purus. The closest cousin with info there is probably a Utilus 10.

Ike

I just found out that the place I'm buying the compressor from is including a manual...DUH!

I just purchased a 1977 Bauer/Mako dive compressor very similar to the one in this post and would really appreciate a PDF owners manual Thanks, Wayne

Are you sure that is a Purus? I have never seen one with that style fan shroud or new enough to have a Honda engine. From what I see of the compressor itself it looks right though. Whatever it is, it appears in great shape.

My Purus is a 1978 model mounted on a crash frame by Mako, however the manaul I have is a Bauer manual and shows the same basic compressor unit in a different frame. The filter unit looks different too (if there is even a filter in that small thing), mine used the 04852-410 filters, about 2/3 the size of the small P21 on the current Jr. II's.

2e_1.JPG

as to manuals I have a paper copy of the 1977/78 owners manual that I can scan for you, and someone on here sent me a PDF copy of the service manaul that I can forward to you if you will pm your email address.

Ike

Thank You Blue, The manuals are great. I now have the parts manual and the Bawer compressor overhaul manual. I am still lookng for the owners manual for my Bauer Mako 1977 compressor. Also, I am not posative which set of tightening and tolerance specs. apply ro my unit. I haven't found any manuels other than the parts manual that refer spacificly to my T 128-10/1 unit. The compressor works however The valves probably need some attention. I am not comftorble doing the necessairy maintenance without the appropriate engineering data. I am not fond of re-inventing the wheel.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom