need info pleez

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diverjeffro

Registered
Reaction score
I recently purchased an orca computer and was wondering if any one had any feed back on this computer it is an orca skinny dipper mark 2.

I also have a dacor digital bottom timer that seems to keep eating batteries I bought it used so i do not have any instructions if anyone has instructions or suggestions please let me know.

thanks Jeff:confused:

Diverjeffro,
Hi,and welcome to the boards.
I have had a Skinny Dipper mark 2 for more years than I can remember-since it was "the latest technology". :D
I still use it as a backup, and it works fine. It lacks the "bells and whistles" of newer computers, but, in my opinion, its' relative simplicity is an asset-no clutter on the screen, just the important info, which allows nice large numbers.
The only things I wish were different are the lack of "backlighting"(but even on a night dive, you can use your flashlight to read the screen), and the fact that it only logs your latest dive-keep the log book handy.
Finally, be sure you have a good source for batteries-they are not super easy to come by. There are a few threads somewhere on the board about the Mark 2[try running a search], and, if memory serves, some have links to battery sources.
Hope this helps, and if you have any other questions, post away.
Good Luck,
MikeD

I always forget that theses message boards are searchable. thnaks for the info it was exactly what a friend of mine said about his before i bought mine and the guy i bought it from was reluctant to sell it because it worked so well.

thanks again!!!:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom