Need info on Lake Tenkiller, OK

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mahhz

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm going up there for Labor Day weekend and I was wondering if some of you would happen to have some good information on the dive spots there.

I've only been to that lake once for my open water, so I'm not very familiar with it. I'd like to get some cool dive locations if anyone knows where they are at. I'll have my boat there, so getting to isolated spots won't be a problem

Oh yeah, if anyone else is going up there for the weekend, let me know!

Mahhz:
I'm going up there for Labor Day weekend and I was wondering if some of you would happen to have some good information on the dive spots there.

I've only been to that lake once for my open water, so I'm not very familiar with it. I'd like to get some cool dive locations if anyone knows where they are at. I'll have my boat there, so getting to isolated spots won't be a problem

Oh yeah, if anyone else is going up there for the weekend, let me know!

I saw that nobody had replyed to your post so I felt I should at least speak.
We were up at Tenkiller about a month ago and we dove at Six-Shooter near Cookson and at the DX Scuba Park near the dam. The visibility was not good except near the bottom and even then it was not very good. There has been alot of rain. " Stay near your buddy or rope up to each other" The area is really pretty and relaxing and even though the lake is murky this year. You have a boat so I bet you can scout around and find a cool place near one of the islands or cliffs that will be great to dive! Stop in at Nautical Adventures in Cookson and talk to Tim or T.J. and ask about conditions.

Have Fun
Frank ~ Paris,TX

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom