Need help with starting a team

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey guys:

I had a few questions I would like to ask the experienced operators on this board about PSD. . Both myself and other Officers have been attempting to put together a proposal for our "white shirts" aka the bosses. The team would be made up of dual role divers for Search and Rescue, Recovery, and Evidence Collection.

What would you consider pertinent information needed on starting the team? I have included the cirriculum vitae on all the Officer's interested, potential SOP, and other information.

As for me, I have been a recreational diver on and off since 2000 and the highest level I have is PADI Rescue diver about to take either the MSD Challenge or the Divemaster Course. Is their anything I would need to look into such as courses, equipment needs, etc.

I hope I can get some info to put into this proposal and I thank you ahead of time for all of your help.

Stay Safe,

Rich

When you say, "The Sheriff's Office I currently work for is wanting to start a Marine/Dive team", do you mean the sheriff wants one or the members of the department want one?

If the sheriff wants one, he believes he needs one and your job is to collect data for a budget.

If the members of the department want one, you have to convince the sheriff / white shirts of the need for one and then what it is going to cost.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom