Need help with Shearwater dive log for Teric

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't understand. Aren't they two different pieces of software? On the MacDive website it says that you can purchase a single license for $25 or $40 for up to 5 installations. But I don't think that they sell the iPhone app through that site. Didn't you buy that separately through the app store?
yes I purchased for both my iPhone and my MacBook Air. But the one on my MacBook Air does not work and seems to think I need to purchase it. Honest to god I'm sick of it and probably going back to paper dive logs. I'm fine once I get into something but I hate stuff like this.

yes I purchased for both my iPhone and my MacBook Air. But the one on my MacBook Air does not work and seems to think I need to purchase it. Honest to god I'm sick of it and probably going back to paper dive logs. I'm fine once I get into something but I hate stuff like this.
Can't be sure, but it sounds like you didn't apply the license when you purchased the Mac app? Nick can help you. Once you have that set, it should be a set-it-and-forget-it thing.

It would be easier for people if the Mac app were offered through the Mac App Store, but Apple doesn't make that situation great for developers.

yes I purchased for both my iPhone and my MacBook Air. But the one on my MacBook Air does not work and seems to think I need to purchase it. Honest to god I'm sick of it and probably going back to paper dive logs.

OK, then maybe that's what you need to do.

I'll just say that I have dealt with a LOT of software developers over the years, and I have never found any as responsive and helpful as Nick Shore. So it might be worth reaching out.

It doesn't sound like it's not working, it sounds like something may have happened with the purchase certificate, and maybe that can just be reset. If you paid for the app and the desktop client, no reason why they both shouldn't work.

It was right at the bottom of the homepage.

support@mac-dive.com
Whoops. Okay I just emailed that address and asked for assistance. It may be an easy fix, but obviously I have no idea what it is! Hopefully it can be resolved since I did purchase it. No, I am not the most techie person but my husband is fairly techie and doesn't know either. I'm good at using something, but not good at figuring out why something does not work or uploading!!

Can't be sure, but it sounds like you didn't apply the license when you purchased the Mac app? Nick can help you. Once you have that set, it should be a set-it-and-forget-it thing.

It would be easier for people if the Mac app were offered through the Mac App Store, but Apple doesn't make that situation great for developers.
I am guessing it is something along these lines of applying the license but for the life of me I don't know how to do that now. I purchased this a month before our dive trip so now it's been a couple of months. It was so frustrating to be on the trip and unable to use it. Guess I should have tried before the trip, but then again, I had nothing to download....

I am guessing it is something along these lines of applying the license but for the life of me I don't know how to do that now. I purchased this a month before our dive trip so now it's been a couple of months. It was so frustrating to be on the trip and unable to use it. Guess I should have tried before the trip, but then again, I had nothing to download....
So I tried it again this morning, Didn't do anything different but it worked. I guess that's good, but doesn't leave me feeling confident about issues not happening again. We will see.

So I tried it again this morning, Didn't do anything different but it worked. I guess that's good, but doesn't leave me feeling confident about issues not happening again. We will see.
What was the problem you were having? The software wouldn't launch or it wouldn't download your dives?

What was the problem you were having? The software wouldn't launch or it wouldn't download your dives?
It was both. Maybe somehow I downloaded the version that recognized my license after purchase? That doesn't make sense even as I type it. So long story short, I did get it to download my dives.

Time will tell, it will be interesting to see if it works well after the next dive trip, which is late February.

It was both. Maybe somehow I downloaded the version that recognized my license after purchase? That doesn't make sense even as I type it. So long story short, I did get it to download my dives.

Time will tell, it will be interesting to see if it works well after the next dive trip, which is late February.
Yeah, Nick makes two pieces of software - the desktop client version and the iPhone version. They can sync with each other. So it sounds like you have purchased both and have figured out the licensing issue.

If the problem was that the dives didn't load from your dive computer to your laptop or phone, it's much more likely to be a bluetooth issue, which is notoriously flaky and may work one day and then not the next. Sometimes it takes a few tries - this is independent of the software used. I have had this problem with dive computers, earphones, and all sorts of devices.

Yeah, that doesn't make sense to me at all. I've owned MacDive for so many years that I can't even remember the registration process. If I remember correctly, you're sent a license file that you apply to the software. But I definitely remember it being a set-it-and-forget-it situation. Sounds like maybe something got messed up when you initially applied the license. So, I see no reason why it won't work for now on.

I also want to make sure you're not doubling your efforts here with downloading/syncing. You said when you were on your trip you downloaded the dives from your Teric to MacDive on your iPhone? If so, I just want to make sure you're not also downloading the dives from the Teric to your Mac. Once they're on your iPhone, all you have to do is sync them from the iPhone and then open up MacDive on your Mac and click Sync and they'll come down. Of course make sure they're both initially set to sync via the same service. I use iCloud. Once that's set it's also a set-it-and-forget-it thing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom