Need help with Shearwater dive log for Teric

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just downloaded MACDIVE on my iPhone. Yippee!

Do I need to sync it to my Teric as well, or will it automatically pick up? And am I correct that dives downloaded to my iPhone MacDive will automatically transfer to my MacBook Air once I get home??

I know, I feel like a kindergartner with this stuff....

I just downloaded MACDIVE on my iPhone. Yippee!

Do I need to sync it to my Teric as well, or will it automatically pick up? And am I correct that dives downloaded to my iPhone MacDive will automatically transfer to my MacBook Air once I get home??

I know, I feel like a kindergartner with this stuff....

Choose iCloud as your syncing method. Download dives from Teric. Sync. Go to MacBook. Open up MacDive. Choose sync. That will get the dives from iCloud onto your computer.

Suggest you sign up to get more storage space from iCloud.

Haha. Guilty. I was just in Jamaica and forgot to change the time on my Perdix. It's one hour earlier there. One of the dives showed up at the dock. Fortunately I only did three dives, so I deleted the sites on the iPhone, fixed the timestamps for the dives, then re-added the sites and everything was in the ocean.

How do I put the MACDIVE on my iPhone in tracking mode?

How do I put the MACDIVE on my iPhone in tracking mode?
You can either long press on the app icon on the home screen and choose "Track Location" or tap the "More" tab in MacDive and choose "GPS Tracker".

Marie13 gave you good advice for starting out syncing.

I suggest just playing around and I think you'll figure a lot out. There are no stupid questions. Everyone starts out somewhere. If after playing around you still have questions, we can talk.

IMG_1235.jpg

Choose iCloud as your syncing method. Download dives from Teric. Sync. Go to MacBook. Open up MacDive. Choose sync. That will get the dives from iCloud onto your computer.

Suggest you sign up to get more storage space from iCloud.
Here we go....I can't find where to sign up for more storage space on iCloud. I went to my Apple ID and preferences and I see where I can manage my iCloud but not where to purchase more storage space

You can either long press on the app icon on the home screen and choose "Track Location" or tap the "More" tab in MacDive and choose "GPS Tracker".

Marie13 gave you good advice for starting out syncing.

I suggest just playing around and I think you'll figure a lot out. There are no stupid questions. Everyone starts out somewhere. If after playing around you still have questions, we can talk.

View attachment 674799
Incidentally, from that icon popup menu, the "Download" option will bring you to the screen to download dives from your Teric.

Incidentally, from that icon popup menu, the "Download" Th
Thanks! I did get my Teric synched to my iPhone MacDive and my HUGE number of 6 dives downloaded lol.

Most of my dives are on my Cobalt II, but that is not bluetooth enabled so I guess I can't download those dives :-(

Now I am searching for where the heck I purchase additional iCloud storage space. They really should have a MacDive or dive log for dummies out there...

Wonders will never cease! I figured out how to upgrade my iCloud storage space.
Great! You'll appreciate this if you start adding photos to dives.

As for your Cobalt, does it have a USB cable to connect to your Mac? You could always sync it with MacDive on the Mac and they'll sync over to the iPhone, just as you did the opposite way with the Teric. Because of iCloud syncing, it will all stay in sync. The one thing is that syncing the Cobalt's dives might mess with the dive numbers. You can fix that.

MacDive Help - Numbering Dives

Correct, MacDive still functions just fine in airplane mode. You may have to manually turn back on Bluetooth (for phone to dive computer connection) and WiFi (MacDive cloud sync), they should stay on when you turn on airplane mode but just double check.

I’m actually traveling for work currently but this sequence should work.

Start of day
  1. Ensure dive computer is set to correct LOCAL time
  2. If you want GPS dive site coordinates - Open iOS MacDive, bottom right corner you’ll see 3 dots labeled more, that’ll bring up a menu screen select GPS Tracker (if promoted by iOS I recommend setting to always allow location so that it can run in the background), click the arrow button next to start recording.
  3. Recommend but optional if using GPS, plug into external battery/wall outlet. It won’t be a huge power draw but will run down your battery
  4. Go Diving!
  5. On Teric, start Bluetooth sync mode
  6. On iOS MacDive, click more and select imprort.
  7. If you have previously connected you should see your computer listed, if so click on it. If not and this is the first sync, click the plus and then scroll down to shearwater and select Teric. The. Click on the new device to start connecting
  8. There will be a lag between connecting and it showing you available dives. Select the ones you want to import.
  9. Once the dives are imported and you want to assign a GPS location to it, click on dives (bottom row, far left), click on the dive you want to edit, then click on location (2nd icon from the left, little map icon), it should display map with a red dot then below a question mark and something saying “Tracked Location”, click on that
  10. You are known in the assign or create a dive site menu. How this looks will be dependent on how you label sites. I generally use country as whatever country I’m in (with the exception of US states, I put the US state as the country such as California, US), location is subjective (for US diving it’s the island/town/city I’m in, example Santa Catalina Island or La Jolla, in foreign places it’s similar Angelita Cenotes, Klien Bonaire, etc), dive site name is pretty straightforward. If this dive is a repeat to a site you’ve been to before it may suggest it but worse case just navigate to it and click on it. If it’s a new site click on the plus and fill it out with as much detail as you care to.
  11. Once that is done and your phone is on WiFi or cellular data, click on more, click on cloud sync, then click sync this device (there are probably a few setup questions but it’s been so long I don’t recall)
  12. On bigger device, click sync (make sure it’s the same source as you setup on mobile, so both on iCloud or both on Dropbox etc).
  13. Edit dives as you see fit
  14. Make sure to turn off iOS MacDive location tracking at the end of the day. Rinse and repeat per day of diving

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom