Need help with Shearwater dive log for Teric

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great! You'll appreciate this if you start adding photos to dives.

As for your Cobalt, does it have a USB cable to connect to your Mac? You could always sync it with MacDive on the Mac and they'll sync over to the iPhone, just as you did the opposite way with the Teric. Because of iCloud syncing, it will all stay in sync. The one thing is that syncing the Cobalt's dives might mess with the dive numbers. You can fix that.

MacDive Help - Numbering Dives
Unfortunately my MacBook Air does not have any USB cable connection I don't believe. My Cobalt does. Not sure if you can get something to connect to the Cobalt USB to then connect to the port I have to charge my MacBook.

Unfortunately my MacBook Air does not have any USB cable connection I don't believe. My Cobalt does. Not sure if you can get something to connect to the Cobalt USB to then connect to the port I have to charge my MacBook.

you likely need a USB-C dongle, such as this one Anker USB C Hub Adapter, 5-in-1 USB C Adapter with 4K USB C to HDMI, Ethernet Port, 3 USB 3.0 Ports, for MacBook Pro, iPad Pro, XPS, Pixelbook, and More https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07X8ZLYLR/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_QTZCRXCFRM25KGH7SCXJ

Happy to help you with MacDive if you go that route. I realize this can all be confusing, because "dive log" is a standard term for where you log your dives, but there's also a product called "Dive Log." The key point is that there are various products to log your dives that will download from your Teric and sync between your Mac and iPhone. Only thing you NEED the Shearwater app for on your iPhone is to update the Teric's firmware. Historically, the dive computer manufacturers have offered software that will sync with their dive computers, but their software has never been nearly as good as the software from third party developers. Shearwater is particularly good at working with third party developers to allow them access to the computer data for logging.
So I just returned from a dive trip and was able to download the dives from my Teric to MacDive on my iPhone but not on my MacAirbook which is frustrating. I paid for both. Now when I try to go to the help section, it says only available if you purchase. I have no idea now what to do and wish I'd never purchased MacDive log as now it wants me to purchase again. Ugh.

So I just returned from a dive trip and was able to download the dives from my Teric to MacDive on my iPhone but not on my MacAirbook which is frustrating. I paid for both. Now when I try to go to the help section, it says only available if you purchase. I have no idea now what to do and wish I'd never purchased MacDive log as now it wants me to purchase again. Ugh.

email the developer for help. He has a reputation for being very responsive and helpful.

I'm surprised no one mentioned Subsurface.

It is free and Open-Source. Linus Torvalds the creator of linux maintains it.

It has a free cloud syncing function. It has an IPhone app that works with shearwater computers. I personally can't compare it to the other divelog software listed previously. So far there is nothing it is missing in my opinion.

I'm surprised no one mentioned Subsurface.

It is free and Open-Source. Linus Torvalds the creator of linux maintains it.

It has a free cloud syncing function. It has an IPhone app that works with shearwater computers. I personally can't compare it to the other divelog software listed previously. So far there is nothing it is missing in my opinion.

The OP advised she is not very techy. I’m fairly techy and the user interface of Subsurface is a hot mess. Hate it. MacDive has a much nicer UI.

The OP advised she is not very techy. I’m fairly tech and the user interface of Subsurface is a hot mess. Hate it. MacDive has a much nicer UI.
Yeah I'm probably too used to 'techy' UIs. I really like it though.

I don't understand. Aren't they two different pieces of software? On the MacDive website it says that you can purchase a single license for $25 or $40 for up to 5 installations. But I don't think that they sell the iPhone app through that site. Didn't you buy that separately through the app store?

Back
Top Bottom