Need Help With School Project

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Turtleso

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello fellow scuba divers. My name is Mike. I'm doing a school project for my Entrepreneurship class. I am required to do market research for my "dive shop" that I plan to open. One of the requirements is a questionnaire that I must administer to collect stats for a presentation. Since scubaboard.com has members from all around the world, I think it would give me the most accurate data.

If you could take 5 minutes to complete the 10 multiple choice questions, that would be awesome! Just number 1-10 and put the corresponding letter beside the number. if you are uncomfortable with answering any questions, please feel free to leave them blank.

Also, please be honest about your response; I want this to be as realistic as possible. If I can pull this off, my teacher will be very impressed!

Thank you!:D

1. Where would you most prefer to dive?

a. Philippines
b. Hawaii
c. Florida
d. Canada

2. What type of diving do you enjoy the most?

a. Shore
b. Boat
c. Live aboard
d. Drift

3. Who do you go with on dive trips?

a. Family/friends
b. Other technical divers
c. Other pro photographers/videographers
d. Solo

4. Which type of dive shop would you most likely go to? Keep in mind the difference in service/equipment quality.

a. Top Notch
b. Good Quality
c. Value
d. Cheap as they get

5. Do you record video/ take pictures during your dive vacation?

a. Yes
b. No

6. Would you prefer a dive shop that had special camera amenities such as a “camera station”?

a. Yes
b. No

7. Where do you come from?

a. North America
b. South America
c. Australia
d. Europe
e. Asia
f. Africa

8. How long is your usual dive trip?

a. Two days
b. Three days
c. Four days
d. Five or more days

9. Are gear sales at a dive shop important to you?

a. Yes
b. No

10. What financial demographic do you belong to? (No obligation to answer this question)

a. High income
b. Upper Middle Class
c. Lower Middle Class
d. Lower income

1a
2b
3a
4a
5b
6b
7a
8d
9a

1a
2a
3a
4b
5a
6a
7a
8d
9a
10?

1a
2b
3a
4b
5a
6b
7a
8d
9b
10b

1.a
2.a
3.a
4.a
5.a
6.a
7.b
8.d
9.a
10.b

Your question number 4 has an inherent flaw. When queried most people will answer a/b, because that expresses their desire. However, the majority of consumers in the world spend money at c and d. That's why there is a McDonalds and a Target on every corner, and you have to drive 3 hours to get to real fine dining and a French boutique if you live anywhere other than a big city.

Good luck with class!

1.a
2.b
3.d
4.a
5.a
6.b
7.a
8.d
9.b
10.depends completely on the markets

1. Where would you most prefer to dive?
YES all of these
a. Philippines
b. Hawaii
c. Florida
d. Canada

2. What type of diving do you enjoy the most?
YES all of these
a. Shore
b. Boat
c. Live aboard
d. Drift

3. Who do you go with on dive trips?
YES all of these
a. Family/friends
b. Other technical divers
c. Other pro photographers/videographers
d. Solo

4. Which type of dive shop would you most likely go to? Keep in mind the difference in service/equipment quality.
a. Top Notch
b. Good Quality
c. Value
d. Cheap as they get

5. Do you record video/ take pictures during your dive vacation?
a. YES

6. Would you prefer a dive shop that had special camera amenities such as a “camera station”?
a. Yes (definitely important on dive boats)

7. Where do you come from?
a. North America

8. How long is your usual dive trip?
Many/often 2-3 days, a few 5-7 days
a. Two days
b. Three days
c. Four days
d. Five or more days

9. Are gear sales at a dive shop important to you?
a. Yes (it's part of what I do)

10. What financial demographic do you belong to? (No obligation to answer this question)
d. Lower income (I'm a dive instructor/dive shop employee :rofl3:. What I don't get paid in $, I earn in FUN :D)

Hello fellow scuba divers. My name is Mike. I'm doing a school project for my Entrepreneurship class. I am required to do market research for my "dive shop" that I plan to open. One of the requirements is a questionnaire that I must administer to collect stats for a presentation. Since scubaboard.com has members from all around the world, I think it would give me the most accurate data.

Mike - I think if you set this up as a poll you would have a much easier time correlating/compiling the results.

KevinL

1a
2a
3a
4b
5b
6b
7d
8d
9b
10b

Mike, just a couple of hints/pointers about your survey.

Question 1 is a bit limited. It might be better next time instead of mentioning specific destinations to think of broader categories like "local diving", "dive trip to the tropics", "weekend excursions... etc etc"

Question 2 is confusing because answers a,b & c are all about how you GET to the dive and answer d is an activity. It would be best if you made a choice (either activities or mode of transportation) and made all of your answers fall in the same context.

Question 3 answers b and c are very limited specific niches and I"m not sure if there is any value in knowing that for a typical dive shop because 99% of divers are neither technical divers nor pro videographers/photographers..... your answers a & d are good but you'll find that very few will answer anything else.

Question 4 and question 10 both lack definitions. It's hard to know what *you* think is "Top Notch" so everyone will fill that question in with their own biases and assumptions. If you want the results to mean something you should define these terms a bit. Same goes for income brackets. I'm not sure that I have the same idea of "high income" that you do. You need to define it a bit.

Finally, it's interesting that you asked about gear sales and services for camera owners but not about other things like 'gear servicing', 'courses', 'rentals', 'organized activities' etc. These "services" are what one may need on a diving holiday so wouldn't it make sense to "weight" them in terms of priority? You could think of a short list and ask the people responding to weight them on a 5 point scale, for example.

Anyway, take this feedback for what it's worth. I hope your assignment is a success.

R..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom