Need help with Regulator choice ???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

most serious divers in the uk use apex.

din only.

2p

I remember from the Gasdiving UK page that Apeks, Beuchat, or Scubapro were acceptable choices. Beuchats like Poseidons can be a pain to service so I would avoid them. If you go with the Apeks I agree with the others that the XTX50 / DS4 is the way to go. If you go with Scubapro I would suggest the G250V and a MK-17. These regs are the sweet spots for price / performance and will never need to be replaced.

The mk25 is fine under ice.
Me and the missus have seven sets of Mk25 and regulary dive under ice in Holland, Denmark and Norway with no problems.
The trick is not to breath till the first stage is under the water. This goes for all regs in ice conditions.

I personally use the Mk25 chrome and A700. I have an S555 second (same as the S600 basically). Great setup.

Can't go wrong with a HOG reg. or the EDGE lines if you absolutely don't want DIN or don't want to use the adapter that comes with the D1

Only with the newer one that has the metal barrel
Does the 600 now have a metal barrel?

Good move on Scubapro's part. I have 2 mk 25's. The older one is paired with a ten or twelve year old s600. The latter one, I paired with a g250 v, only because I wanted the metal barrel.

No cold water diving me, but I it helps with dry mouth.

A cheaper way to go would be this. Purchase a Subgear Cayman or Bonaire regulator. The first stage is a Mk-17, the second stage is a S-550 on the Cayman or a R390 on the Bonaire. I have seen the Cayman on Ebay for $300 then buy a older metal Scubapro second stage like a Balanced Adjustable or a 109 for under $100. So total your in for $400 and you get an excellent regulator to use.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom