Need Help with Nitrox

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NetDoc, thank you so much. All i was asking for was just having help on reading the table to find my times and all that...not that i need a refund for my class. I am a rescue diver atm, not long before i do master diver, since im only 16 ill be at master diver till im 18. :)

So i did my nitrox class a few weeks ago...but need a little clarifying. I want to do my first nitrox dive within the next 2 weeks. I want to dive between 60 and 90 feet. So if im reading the charts right, it looks like i can spend 50 minutes at 80 feet with a 32% mix. ......

Let's put some logs on the fire ....

Have you considered to plan your nitrox dives using a dive computer?

Alberto (aka eDiver)

NetDoc, thank you so much. All i was asking for was just having help on reading the table to find my times and all that...not that i need a refund for my class. I am a rescue diver atm, not long before i do master diver, since im only 16 ill be at master diver till im 18. :)
Atm? asynchronous transfer mode? automated teller machine? :confused:

Funny how this forum title attracts basic dive questions? :idk: You get more advanced answers here, like them or not - often not. Multi-card teenagers seem to be challenging to teach, but that could be my old foggie attitude showing. I have a grandson your age; can't tell him anything, even if he asks.

So do you own a dive computer? If you do, then that's your dive planner. If you buy one of the "conservative" brands that allows even less Ndl than Padi charts, well - your choice.

Otherwise, you choose the tables you're going to dive with and stick to them. No math to it. The table you found is pretty liberal.
Originally Posted by nshuff
I've got a ndl time of 39 mins at 80 ft with my computer
You didn't reply to my question. Since the highest point in Ohio is Campbell Hill at 1,550, I'm guessing you bought one of the safer, conservative models that allows much less than Padi charts or Pelagic computers would allow, significantly less than NOAA charts. Your choice, but comparisons need to be explained I think.

I will dive with tables..my computer dosent have nitrox capability..or maybe ill borrow a friends.

FYI it's okay to borrow a friend's computer but only if you use it for the complete series of dives, not just one - whether they're all nitrox or not

I will dive with tables..my computer dosent have nitrox capability..or maybe ill borrow a friends.
Ebay the air computer and get a Nitrox model of your own when you can. Since you're math challenged, I think dive tables until you can get a Nx computer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom